Running Shoes?

Options
I need to buy a good pair of running shoes and I happen to have an extra $125 bucks right now, so what are some good running shoes that you suggest?

Replies

• Xaspar
    Xaspar Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I suggest finding a store that specializes in running shoe fittings and have them watch you run and determine which is the best type of shoe for how your foot does (or doesn't) pronate... I did this and it made a HUGE difference. I tend to pronate so they hooked me up with a shoe that matched the way my foot hits the ground and gives me the right support for my particular stride.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Look for a running shoe store that will do a custom fitting. My husband and I did that this weekend and not only did they do the fitting, they let us take the shoes outside and run in them. We also got a membership that allows us to take the shoes back within 30 days if we aren't happy with them.
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    A quick type of "running shoe" into the search button will yield you a TON of replies.
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I agree! Find a running shoe store that will do a customized fit. You don't have to buy there (they're usually really expensive) but get fit for new shoes. Then go to kellysrunningwarehouse.com and look up the shoes they recommended at the store. You'll save a ton of money!! Good luck!
  • beautymama2011
    Options
    I would go with Shap Up's and if you wear for just walking around they still work you legs and more cuz the way they are designed....
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of the previous posters - you need to get the shoe that is right for your feet. It doesn't matter what is a good shoe for someone else, you have to get what suits you.
  • Tamelaine
    Tamelaine Posts: 37
    Options
    Go to a running store and they will help you out. They will tell you exactly what you need--what type and what size and even if you need special inserts.
    For example, I have a high arch so I get special inserts to add better arch support. I also pronate, so I get a stability shoe to help with that as well. :) You can also try a few different brands on and see which type you like best. I adore my Saucony's, but my aunt swears by her Aasics. Just find out what you need, then try a whole bunch. You'll know immediately which one you want. They will be super comfy as soon as you put them on. Don't forget to do a little run in them around the store before you buy them. I went to one place and they even let me run outside in the parking lot to test them out!
    Once you find what you need, you'll be able to shop wherever. I just bought a pair of Saucony's from runningwarehouse.com and got an awesome deal.