Its time to take action

Options
Over the last two weeks I began exercising and walking again after leaving the Marine Corps 10 years ago when I was in the best shape of my life. So I finally decided to do something about my weight. So my journey began about 2 weeks ago. I weighed myself at that time and I was 243 lbs. I have since then lost almost 5 pounds. I'm currently 237.2 which I can be proud of. I have cut out all soda products and started watching what I eat and so far I have reaped the results. Even though, I'm tempted at times to eat the same junk food and drink soda same soda that helped put all the weight on me. Like said above I was in the Marine Corps where I only weighed a max of 167. Usually I was around 164 -165 depending what I ate or drank.

I have so much at stake and that's why now I feel is the best time to get healthy and in shape. I want and need to be there for my family. I need to be proactive and set a good example for them about healthy living. I am so done with eating badly just because the junk food and drinks are there.

My overall goal is to get back down to my fighting weight of 165. I think I will have to incorporate running into my daily exercise. Even though I don't like running due to my knees and back being in somewhat bad shape.

I have no more excuses for getting myself into great shape and being around long enough to see my son grow up and spend as much time as I can with my wife and family.

I'm going to make my diet journal public so that everyone can see my progress. Please feel free to critique my diet and progress towards my goal of becoming a healthier me.

I'm going to take it one day at a time. I know there may be setbacks in reaching my goal. But that's okay. I will keep trucking along and get to my goal eventually.

Thank you for your time,

Brian Corcoran

Replies

• abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wish u good luck
  • WW_Jude_V2
    WW_Jude_V2 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can do this! We all had to hit our personal bottom - - where we make that conscious decision to take charge of ourselves again.

Best of luck...keep posting - - so many of us have been in a similar situation and I've found it helpful to discover that a lot of people go through the weight loss experience pretty much the same: with hills and valleys and bumps along the way.
  • CarrieCans
    CarrieCans Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Being a former Marine, you have been given the gift of understanding routine and discipline. Stick with it and i bet that gift will help you.

You Can Do It !!!
  • ChrisM32205
    ChrisM32205 Posts: 218 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Congrats on making the change. In addition to running, cycling can be a great cardio workout and calorie burner.

I stopped drinking soda years ago. I drink Crystal Light now as an alternative. Water would be best, but I'm not a fan of drinking just water.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you for serving.

You can do this, MFP makes it easy. Just log faithfully and exercise. We are all rooting for you and good luck.
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    Brian, you are off to a great start. Recognizing how much you have at stake, that there are no quick fixes, that the road is long but well worth it, is often the catalyst for real change. Small changes are the building blocks of a healthier life. Most people give up too quickly because it's "too hard". You're a marine. Hard stuff is what you do!

Best wishes! I will look for you in the "Success Stories" forum!

9566339.png
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hey Brian! You have awesome reasons to be on this journey. Happy to help. Feel free to add me.
  • briancorcoran84
    briancorcoran84 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks will do.