Drinking Enough Water?

Options
So, I know I don't drink enough water, but I need ideas on how all of you make sure you drink water and tips for getting your water in daily. Any ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    there are apps for that
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Get a good water bottle and find a way to mark it every time you finish it so you can track it, I think they also have an app for that.
  • wendytheroo
    wendytheroo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    "Water Your Body" for Android has definitely helped with my water consumption. It calculates how much water you need based on your weight, and sends you hourly reminders to drink up, and will keep reminding you until you reached your daily goal.

It's also on iPhone, but it looks like "Waterlogged" is preferred.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2011/jul/13/myth-eight-glasses-water-day

Unless one is working in a hot climate or doing vigorous exercise, less than eight glasses is o.k.
    http://ajpregu.physiology.org/content/283/5/R993
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Its 1.6l of fluid a day. It doesnt have to be water.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Aside from a glass of milk daily, all I drink is water. If you're drinking other liquids and eating fruit and veg, you're probably getting enough liquids to keep yourself hydrated. The only special thing I've learned about water and weight loss is that water has no calories.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Look at your urine, I know gross but a really light yellow to clear means you're well hydrated, the darker stuff is more concentrated means you have to drink more. As the previous poster said, you also get some of your water from food especially fruits and some vegetables. What I do is I have a 3-cup water bottle that I bring along with me, I fill it at home and refill as needed but when I'm at home I make a point to get up once an hour and have a glass
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I have a routine where I chug a glass of water right after peeing. Some goes out, some goes in. Works well.

Also, I make a point of specifically rehydrating after waking up. So I fix myself a whole bunch of beverages and sit around sipping them while making sure the world is still there on the Internet.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options

amybg1 wrote: »
    Look at your urine, I know gross but a really light yellow to clear means you're well hydrated, the darker stuff is more concentrated means you have to drink more.

Haha so smart! Completely clear piss is the best!

• yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I use a water bottle that marks the ounces so I can keep track. I have daily goals. I want to drink 20 oz by 9:00 am, another 20 oz before lunch, 20 ounces with lunch, etc.
  • CurvyDivaNow
    CurvyDivaNow Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I find I drink more water when I don't drink from a clear glass or bottle. I like using coffee travel mugs with lids.