Going around in circles

Options
This is just a vent because I basically know what I need to do. I feel like I am going around in circles. I eat well during the day and then blow it at night. I feel like the stress from the day is creeping into my night and I am trying to eat it away. I wear a fitbit and try to get my steps in but that doesn't always happen. I also have not really worked out in a while. I'm thinking working out will help with the stress eating. Wish me luck...

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! When you feel you need it enough you will get it!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Working out might help with the extra calories you're eating, or make it easier for you to eat more if that's what you really want to do. My advice is normally "exercise is not for weight loss", but in these situations it is helpful. I'm doing the same-eating a little more at night after I'm done logging and it really made me stall, obviously. I'm trying to up my cardio so that I can get away with it, ha.
  • mrsgoodwine
    mrsgoodwine Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Working out might help with the extra calories you're eating, or make it easier for you to eat more if that's what you really want to do. My advice is normally "exercise is not for weight loss", but in these situations it is helpful. I'm doing the same-eating a little more at night after I'm done logging and it really made me stall, obviously. I'm trying to up my cardio so that I can get away with it, ha.

Thanks! I don't really want to exercise to eat more per se, but to blow off some steam so that I don't eat my feelings, lol. To learn to relax without the food. I think if I can get that down, I will be ok. :)
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    Good Luck! When you feel you need it enough you will get it!

Thank you :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options

Thanks! I don't really want to exercise to eat more per se, but to blow off some steam so that I don't eat my feelings, lol. To learn to relax without the food. I think if I can get that down, I will be ok. :)

Right, exercise helps with that. Do it to feel better, if it allows you to eat a little more-also great!
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options

Right, exercise helps with that. Do it to feel better, if it allows you to eat a little more-also great!

Agreed!!
  • DeWoSa
    DeWoSa Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    When I get home from work, I pretty much relax by playing Candy Crush on my Kindle while catching up on tv shows.

I also eat a snack right before bedtime -- a bowl of cheerios, yogurt, and applesauce. Knowing I have a scheduled snack really helps me not graze throughout the evening.

Good luck to you!
  • mrsgoodwine
    Options
    When I get home from work, I pretty much relax by playing Candy Crush on my Kindle while catching up on tv shows.

I also eat a snack right before bedtime -- a bowl of cheerios, yogurt, and applesauce. Knowing I have a scheduled snack really helps me not graze throughout the evening.

Good luck to you!

I love the scheduled snack idea! I will give that a try. Thanks!
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy things until your arms are too tired to pick up a fork. lol

Best of luck to you!
  • sdavies1984
    sdavies1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Working out will help you heaps with emotions. I find that lifting weights helps even more so than cardio. Both have a wonderful effect on your mind. Plus it frees up a few calories for a snack if you want it.
  • jojokmack
    Options
    Cheer up chuck! (Mrsgoodwine) we all know what we have to do to get there...........but sometimes we stumble a little. Remember, you are more than a number on a scale. You will get there in the end. xxx
    <3<3<3
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Night time is hard. When I was in the midst of my weight loss, I fixed myself a fruit based tea (True Blueberry) and had a half of a square of very dark chocolate and sometimes half a teaspoon of nut butter as an after dinner snack, and knowing that was coming seemed to help. I also plan for an evening time to walk. When I get home from work, I have a tall tea or glass of water with celery and humus, or celery and PB2 to put my feet up for 20 or 30 minutes, then I walk either at the gym or around my neighborhood during the spring and summer. If dinner takes too long, I eat my salad and/or vegetables before dinner. Then I sit down with the family for my protein. It's ok.. make your own plan and follow it.

9386728.png
  • audsLDN
    audsLDN Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm the same, so I work out in the morning when I'm in the right mindframe. Doesn't change what I eat at night but at least means there will be a bit of a deficit at the end of the day. Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you want some encouragement :)
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!