carbs

Options
So I have an exercise bike that shows me how many carbs I burn. How is that helpful info to me? I tried googling it but didnt find anything on why you should count carbs during a workout.

Replies

• longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Ignore it...it's going to be wildly inaccurate at minimum
  • MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Do you mean calories?
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    So I have an exercise bike that shows me how many carbs I burn. How is that helpful info to me? I tried googling it but didnt find anything on why you should count carbs during a workout.

3vKJqc7.gif
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    It does what?

Are you sure?
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Exercise equipment is pretty inaccurate even at telling you how many calories you're burning during a session. You're better off getting a good heart rate monitor with a chest strap to determine calorie burn. Nothing is going to tell you how many carbs specifically you are burning.
  • MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    it shows both carbs and calories.... strange I know!!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    it shows both carbs and calories.... strange I know!!

All it's doing is probably dividing calorie burn by 4, but that's not even accurate, because there's a fat burn and a carb burn occurring simultaneously
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    I would think that unless your blood is being analyzed as you pedal away, it would be impossible to do anything except make a wild guess as to whether you are burning stored carbohydrates and certainly a wild guess as to how much.
  • SleepyGirl2
    SleepyGirl2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My treadmill gives a carbs burned reading also. I've always ignored it. I'm only interested in how many calories I burn. I use my HRM for that.