Vegetarian recipe ideas??

Options
Does anyone have some good vegetarian meal ideas I can try? I have no dietary restrictions and I'll eat almost anything.

Thanks bunches!

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Google.....

Veggie burgers
    Lentil bolognese
    Most mexican and Asian dishes minus the meat
    stuffed peppers
    Chili
    Stews

Basically just remove the meat from your favorite recipes and substitute with lentils, beans or tofu.
  • Tanyaka
    Tanyaka Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yea, same as above really.
    I make Spaghetti the same way but add lentils instead of mince.

Mexican I use kidney beans and refried beans with Salsa and corn, onion and capsicum

Stir fries I just omit the meat as I love the sauce and noodles and my fav veg. If you're good at cooking tofu you can add that. I'm not :P

Homemade pizza, can put your own fav veggies on top and wont even miss the meat :)

Soup!

Big dish of roasted veg with quinoa and brocolli and gravy

Curry with lots of veg, cashews, beans and rice

Salad with 4 bean mix

Eggplant Parma

Pasta bake

Veggie burgers and home made fries

Subway :P

That's just my simple stuff, the possibilities are endless :)
  • harriyot
    harriyot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I use lentils or Quorn (mushroom-based meat substitute stuff) in place of mince in all sorts of dishes - moussaka, spag bolognase, chilli.

Curry - use potatoes and spinach to give it good flavour and some bulk.

Lentil dahl - so easy and completely delicious.

Adzuki bean pie - also heavenly and easy to make but sounds impressive.

Stroganoff with mushroom and red pepper.

Stuffed veg - you can stuff anything really but I like to stuff portobello mushrooms, peppers, onions, beefsteak tomatoes and aubergine (eggplant if you're in US)
  • La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    wow these are all great - thanks for sharing. i can't eat corn or soy so it's hard to find a sub for meat when everything i find in stores has soy. i appreciate all these ideas!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Oh well you can make your own burgers from scratch. I made ones that were broccoli burgers using pb broccolli and tvp. I loved them and they turned out great. Quorn brand does not use soy or corn just mushrooms protein! Its pretty tasty too. Tofu you can bake fry and do all kinds of things to. I think black beans and quinoa make a complete protein. Kale is a high protein.

Lets see ive made a chicken piccatta with litlife chicken(no meat) indian. Kale and tofu stir fry. Kombu (sea veg) and arame (sea veg) with toasted sesame in braggs luquid aminos sauce green onion chile pepper flakes and brown rice vinegar as a sauce with a layer of sprouts and egg on top. (If you are lacto ovo)

I made a delish fruit salad with mango, banana, raspberry, and parsimmon with chia seed and coconut oil.

shitake mushrooms stirfried with garlic onion, green onion, ginger, zucchinni strips with sesame seeds and braggs.

quinoa parfait, or a meusli add in oats nuts and granola yogurt and dried fruit let sit over night, chia pudding, egg with slightly wilted spunach over bread with cheese. Tofu and soba or udon noodles. Tofu smoothies. Or nut butter smoothies with fruit and coconut milk with kale.
  • meganewarren
    meganewarren Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for these ideas! I'll definitely be trying some out
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My family loves caramelized onion enchiladas with salsa verde. I make them every week.