Need motivating friends!

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Jennifer and I live in TN. I am looking for motivation and looking to give motivation. I am 26 y/o with 2 girls, one whom is following in my footsteps. I have medical issues that I don't want my girls to deal with... EVER! I have HBP and Diabetes =( Im ONLY 26... Lets not forget to mention, my dad died of heart failure at 52! Def need motivation to get me going! Thanks!

Replies

• Doingitforme95
    Options
    Hi Jennifer! I'm always happy to give support and motivation to others on their journeys, please feel free to add me! :)

• mankiller3
    mankiller3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hey, Jennifer! I am always on the look out for great motivating friends. I am more then happy to give you support and encouragement on this weight loss journey. feel free to add me.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi Jennifer. Happy to lend support and motivation. Add me if you'd like.
  • mkdm291
    mkdm291 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Add away! Best of luck to you! I just started using the forums and adding friends recently. It truly helps and both are great sources of motivation!
  • m_johannes
    m_johannes Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I am still relatively new, but I am an active and talkative friend. If nothing else, I'm good for the occasional laugh.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone else can as well). I log everyday (though I only come to the forums once a week). So far I'm down 23 pounds. I have three kids at home (19, 14, and 4).
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    will keep it short! How about trying something new. How about not using MFP as a social network but focus on living a healthy life mentally and physically. Instead of asking for help; learn how to be healthy and set an good example then others will want to know more about how you did it. Become a resource and motivator to others then you will not need to be motivated. All real motivation comes from within persons themselves if it is to have an lasting effect. Believe in yourself and then others will believe in you. You can do it if you have the real desire to be healthy.
  • stopdropandlose
    stopdropandlose Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi :) Feel free to add me, I love making new friends.
  • erobinson2014
    erobinson2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hello :smile: feel free to add me. I do my best to give support! and am always active on here.
  • annar298
    annar298 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I do not post too much but I do respond with great motivations. :D
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    cwlsr wrote: »
    How about trying something new. How about not using MFP as a social network but focus on living a healthy life mentally and physically. Instead of asking for help

What the heck?
  • lpendleton58
    lpendleton58 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    cwlsr wrote: »
    will keep it short! How about trying something new. How about not using MFP as a social network but focus on living a healthy life mentally and physically. Instead of asking for help; learn how to be healthy and set an good example then others will want to know more about how you did it. Become a resource and motivator to others then you will not need to be motivated. All real motivation comes from within persons themselves if it is to have an lasting effect. Believe in yourself and then others will believe in you. You can do it if you have the real desire to be healthy.

While I agree with cwlsr with a lot of his points, there is nothing wrong with trying to pull motivations from others while developing it internally. I feel that I am self-driven but get even more encouraged when I see others do well or are making steps in the right direction. Anyone can feel free to send me a request.
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...WE ALL need a little help every now and then
  • tjstickwood
    Options
    I agree, sometimes you have that temptation and you just need someone to talk you down off the ledge! Please feel free to add me if you feel you need support. I'm not on here to be a socialite, just to get support during those weak moments when it's late at night and my husband has left me unsupervised....lol
  • spaciireth
    Options
    Feel free to add me, too! I've had a bit of an off couple of weeks but I'm stepping up my game now.
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, my name is Jennifer and I live in TN. I am looking for motivation and looking to give motivation. I am 26 y/o with 2 girls, one whom is following in my footsteps. I have medical issues that I don't want my girls to deal with... EVER! I have HBP and Diabetes =( Im ONLY 26... Lets not forget to mention, my dad died of heart failure at 52! Def need motivation to get me going! Thanks!

Well you listed all your motivation already but I am willing to give you all the extra motivation that I can. I lost both of my parents to health related issues my mom was 47 and my dad was 73 and as far as I am concerned that is too young. So sign me up I will be there to cheer you on so let's get to it my friend.