I've hit a brick wall!

Options
I have come quite far through my weightloss journey but right now I am all over the place- Today I have eaten over 1500kcal in doritos alone yet I've done a full insanity workout

I need a kick up the backside to get me fully dedicated again- any advice anyone?

This picture shows how far I have come before this latest brick wall:

SW:238
CW:182
GW:54

Help me!!!!

Replies

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I hope your goal weight is a typo!!!

Just remember each day is an opportunity to make progress. You're didn't gain the weight in a day, you didn't lose it in a day and you're not going to gain it back in a day either. We've all had those days where things go off the track. The main thing is to not let a bad day become a bad weekend, week, month.

Your pics are all the motivation you should need. You've done a great job. You've made a ton of progress and are more than halfway towards your goal! Forget today and focus in tomorrow.....

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,271 Member
    Options
    You did not come this far to let Doritos take you down. I had the same problem with Cheetohs yesterday. Log it and move on. And next time, don't buy the Doritos. Just don't. Look long and hard at them and think back to how you felt when your stomach caught up to your brain after eating all of them. Nope. Sorry Doritos. Today's not your day.

By the way, great progress!! You'll get there :)
  • mz_getskinny
    mz_getskinny Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Read the success stories!!! Always does the trick for me :)
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest mindfulness exercises: when you find yourself doing something that runs counter to your fitness goals, reflect on why you're doing it. What led you to do it, why are you continuing, and what are the pros and cons of stopping?

If you're craving the taste of Doritos (I have to admit that I like the Cool Ranch ones!), ask yourself how few you need to be satisfied, then take those out and put the bag away before you eat. Reflect on how they feel, what you're getting out of them, whether the third tastes as good as the first, etc.
  • fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I really empathise with you as I've been feeling the same way lately. Not so much Dorito binges, but wanting bread, wine and cheese. I haven't been exercising as much. I was sick of logging calories, so I didn't. I was annoyed that I'd put on a bit of weight as a consequence and that it happened rather quickly (including my birthday celebrations).

It's been three months for me and I'm pleased with having lost 20kgs, but I feel kinda... burnt out? I'm in need of inspiration.

The other day I realised the "inspiration" I was looking for could come from within me. That I was beginning to go back to the mindset I was in when I was really overweight. That I was starting to feel 'emotional' about food again. I was starting to once again use it for pleasure, which makes me want more and make the wrong choices. (Good food is very pleasurable to me, obviously).

I realised that if I want to be successful in this journey, it shouldn't be important how I feel. It matters what I do no matter how I feel. I decided to pull my finger out.

So, I sat and wrote a promise to myself that I will do x, y, z every day, no matter what. That I will continue to make my health top priority no matter how I feel emotionally. I put it up on the bathroom mirror so I would see it every day.

It's really helped set me back on track. When I see it, I think 'get over yourself', and I just do what I need to... and I feel better and more in the zone each day. It might sound a bit harsh, but it helped me. I'm not suggesting you necessarily take this kind of approach, but wanted to sympathise with you and let you know that you'll find a way to get back on track. It's helped me to feel more focussed just writing this rambling essay!

Good luck on your journey and remember we all go through phases and you shouldn't be too hard on yourself xx

• fwhittaker
    fwhittaker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Also this is pretty cool :-)
  • katielshelby
    katielshelby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the other posters. I just wanted to add that you have an AWESOME body shape!! At your starting weight I did not look half as good as you did. Good job on your success so far. This too shall pass :)
  • hitabrickwall
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

Tomorrow is monday and as us dieters know Monday=Clean slate!
    But it also means weigh in day- whatever comes I will just have to face it and try not to take comfort in food but instead take out my frustration with my Insanity workout!

My GW was a typo- its 154!
  • chucktate
    chucktate Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I can tell you that you are not alone. The fact you recognize the slip, says a lot about your desire to stay on track. I catch myself binging too and just shake it off and refocus. Don't beat yourself up over it. My physical therapist told me to treat myself once a week. It helps with minimizing the uncontrolled urges.