Getting Rid of Stretch Marks?

Options
Has anyone had any luck getting rid of their stretch marks? Mine are the deep red/purple lightning shaped ones. Please let me know! I've heard bio-oil is good, but i'm eager to learn what has worked best for people.

Thanks!

Replies

• believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I've used bio-oil for surgery scars, but it hasn't helped my stretch marks. As they "age", they become whiter. I use a fake tanner to camouflage them with the rest of my skin, since apparently stretch marks don't tan (either with sun or a bed!). :ohwell:
  • lizzynugget
    Options
    I have both dark purple/red and white ones. i bought a lotion at walmart that helps with the dark ones its called palmer's cocoa butter formula. it works great for the dark ones but u have to remember to use it daily.
  • crysthom
    crysthom Posts: 27
    Options
    Sadly, one can never get rid of stretch marks (without surgery). However you can use lotions with Vitamin E to help reduce the appearance. There is also Mederma that will help reduce the appearance, but it is rather expensive. I agree with the above posts that Cocoa butters and creams with the Vitamin E are the best lotions for stretch marks and your wallet!
  • cesimmons06
    Options
    I've tried Vitamin E oil and Cocoa Butter works best. If you have a Dollar Tree near they have the best Cocoa Butter in a jar it works wonders:smile:
  • mirapaigew
    mirapaigew Posts: 107
    Options
    I posted about this the other day and got some great replies. :)

You can see at: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/229481-stretch-marks-gag

Also, if you try a gradual self tanning lotion (like Jergens natural glow), it helps to mask them a little bit!
  • rskidmore
    rskidmore Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks for your ideas! I'll try a few of these. :)