logged in for 35 days & no weight loss?? What am i doing wrong?

Options
BBee5064
BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
Weigh day today & I am disappointed :'(
Scales haven't budged. I have been pretty good with the calories. I was doing 1200 & then I up it to 1350, thinking I wasn't eating enough.
Any suggestions as to what im doing wrong?

Replies

• NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Everything you've got is private. We can't really help if we don't know what you've been doing for foods and exercises. Have you had your thyroid tested?
  • DianneLB1953
    Options
    If you make your diary public then we could help. Are you careful about weighing and measuring. A bit of difference in weight can add up. It also depends how much you have to lose. If you are close to your goal then weight loss is really slower. Are you losing inches? Do your clothes fit better and do you feel better? I know lots of questions but if you answer some of these maybe it will help.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    over that time frame, you're eating too much - your calories are low but you're not logging correctly at a guess

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Quick Question: where did you get the idea you weren't "eating enough"? Here's why I ask - if anyone told you about the dreaded starvation mode, this is leading you in the wrong direction. I am not, by any means, an advocate for a VLC diet. But I am an advocate for understanding: if you eat only 1,200 calories/day you will lose. That being said, if you're used to eating 3,000 calories and you're now consuming less than half you should lose a bit very quickly for the first while until you body gets used to eating that few of calories and you have to create an even larger deficit to keep losing.

But enough about that - you need to figure out your BMR/TDEE and subtract anywhere from 15-20% for loss; 20% being aggressive (2lbs/week) loss. Also, are you exercising? If you are, are you using MFP to tell you how much you burned? If so, you're grossly over estimating what you're net calories are because MFP over estimates.

You need to exercise regularly . . . and by that, I mean 4 - 6 days/week. It doesn't have to be something crazy at high intensity levels, just exercise. As mentioned, if you aren't weighing your food, you need to weigh it/measure it accurately or else you're probably consuming a lot more than you think you are - which has happened to pretty much all of us at one time or another.

Also - your title that you've logged in for 35 days to me says you put in what you ate and just expected you would lose. I don't know how much you have to lose, but for me I have about 80lbs left and it's constant effort and planning work outs and meals.

If you ever wanna chat, or need support feel free to add me.

Amanda
  • genchan
    Options
    Why not try focusing on losing the inches off your waist than the weight? It will come with it. :smile:
  • sdavies1984
    sdavies1984 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think that using MFP for calories burned gets a lot of people. The stationary bike is the most accurate so I try to stick to that. I never count the cals burned for weight lifting exercises. Maybe try not logging a couple exercises per week so you are guaranteed to be at a deficit.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Whatever MFP tells me for cals burned I cut it to 50% and log it, Then eat it back.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You're eating too much, you're underestimating what you are eating, you're overestimating your calories burned, etc.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As they've all said, you're eating more than you think. How do you measure your food?
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Diary public now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The first thing that jumps out is are you eating vegetables and not logging them?

There's a lot of pre-packaged food in there, not a problem, but it will tend to be high sodium which leads to water retention
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    There are so many reasons that you could not be losing. Message me if you want to chat. MFP is a great logging site but it knows nothing about you personally.
  • taryn_caitlin
    taryn_caitlin Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Maybe try increasing your water intake too or look at how much sleep you're getting, sometimes it's just the little things
  • BBee5064
    Options
    some good suggestions thank you ;)
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    As was said before, you log a lot of pre-prepared foods that you didn't cook yourself. Also, you have a couple "home made" items in your dinners - are these ones you personally put into the database or you just searched for the name of the dinner? If so, this is someone else's home made whatever and you have zero idea what they put into it so you don't know if this is accurate for you.

It seems to me like you're eating a lot of empty calories - for example, a lot of crisps. I'm guessing you're in the UK and these are chips? Eat a hard boiled egg, an apple, make protein bars or buy them if you can't make them. Eating empty calories makes you want to eat more because they don't fill you up as much. When you eat more protein, you feel fuller longer.

Eat fresh, less processed foods because they will provide your body with a lot of really good nutrients and you might feel better. I also noticed you tend to eat big meals, and your calories are not always well spread out. Have you ever tried eating smaller meals? I'm not saying it works for everyone, but I have noticed I feel better and tend to eat better when I eat 6 small meals, rather than packing my calories into 2 or 3 meals/day.

Hopefully that helps, but let me know if you need anything :)

Amanda
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Another thing is you're not moving, since your activity tracker is taking calories away. Do you have too large a activity level set? Since MFP won't drop your goal below 1200, that could also cause you to not burn as much as you think, which combined with inaccurate food logging, can lead to not losing.