can someone give my diary a look

Options
I know its no where near perfect but I am open to suggestions.

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Your caloric intake is all over the place. Assuming things are accurate, you should be eating more than 900 calories.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    2000 cal lunch...Awesome.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You have incomplete days, lots of generic/homemade entries, it doesn't appear that you're weighing your food. These are all indicators that you're eating more than you think.

Read this thread to help get your diary under control: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1296011/calorie-counting-101/
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You are not eating proper period, not enough lean protein, quality carbs, healthy fats, fresh veggies. Take a look at my diary for the last week, it will give you some ideas on how to get whole fresh foods into your diet...I am not perfect , but I do my best to make what I eat count for something, your body will reflect what you put into it.
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes I had a 2000 calories lunch. I don't get to eat out often and when I do I am going to try and enjoy myself. With that said Thank you all for your advice. I keep saying I am going to get on track but I really am struggling. I live with my MIL my fiance and my daughter and his two daughters are coming soon. I am overwhelmed with my home life and weighing my food sounds like a burden but I will give it a try. Thanks!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    A 2000 calorie dinner probably isn't the best idea, but I did notice that you were under your calorie goal on some days, so it isn't as bad as it could've been. I'm not as big on weighing things as some people are. I'll measure something once and then I'll use my eye from then on. Generally, it is better to spread your calories across the day. It is easier to avoid snacking if you know you have a meal coming than if the next meal is tomorrow.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    It's not bad - you seem to be recording everything, even the zero cal tea, so that's good dedication.

Why are you asking the question - do YOU feel it's lacking in some way?
  • msjohnson426
    Options
    Yes I am trying to be honest with myself and recording as much as I can.. even the snacks and outside food. That part I believe I have down. Of course there are some days where a subpar job is done.. such is life but as the far as the nutritionals, I am open to reccomendations.
  • redfisher1974
    Options
    Yes that's how this site will change you, Just log everything and try your best and after time you will start to make better choices to stay under your cals and stay full. It becomes an addicting game logging and hitting goals...Good luck!
  • msjohnson426
    Options
    Yes that's how this site will change you, Just log everything and try your best and after time you will start to make better choices to stay under your cals and stay full. It becomes an addicting game logging and hitting goals...Good luck!

Yes you are correct! Thanks
  • redfisher1974
    Options

Yes you are correct! Thanks

You're Welcome, Check out Nerdfitness on the net, Has some good stuff to make this ride more fun.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    From what I see you need to be more consistent…most days you either do not finish logging or you are eating too little calories. I know it's difficult to remember to log everything (I am far from perfect on that, but I am working on getting better). I try to log first thing in the morning and plan out all my entries or do it as I'm making my food, that way I have everything logged. The app on my phone helps so much since I can scan in the barcode. The more you log the more you can see how your eating habits either benefit or damage your weight loss. It was definitely an eye opening when I started logging!

Good luck!