Buddies: Extreme Weight Loss?

Options

Replies

• emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was 275 last year when I started MFP (in February) and I'm 199 now. You can do this!
  • HerMindsEye77
    Options
    YES!

I have a little more than 160 pounds I want to kill. So, I actually started a challenge & ROUND ONE begins December 7th. If you're interested, you can check the link below. It's totally free. I just wanted a group of support and I already had a website, so I put it there. Anyway... add me as a friend, too, if you like. I can use all the motivation & support in this fight.

*smiles*
    Jean

tomboy-princess.com/jointhechallenge
  • tricenews87
    tricenews87 Posts: 5 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'd love to be your buddy and everyone else's too! I have about 200lbs to lose and I've lost about 23lbs so far. I get a little discouraged every time I look at how much further I have to go, but we can do this! We just have to stick with it!
  • seren1ty74
    seren1ty74 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have been on MFP for a year and would love some more active, motivated friends. I'm 39 and hope to get rid of 150 lbs (half my weight). let's do this!
  • lissmack83
    Options
    hi everyone, im new here to, i have a significant amoount of weight to lose, iv done it before but have never maintained, i have suffered mental illness & depression & blew up to the heaviest iv ever been. im so unfit to, iv prepped & planned my meals and just started walking today for a hour.
    i want to do this the right way and become healthy
  • malcolmjcooper
    malcolmjcooper Posts: 79 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Go Dan!!!!! couldn't have worded it better .

Ditto exactly how I feel
  • logansmummy724
    Options
    im not looking to loose 100 but about 80 so still a decent amount of weight! Please anyone feel free to add me I love meeting new people
  • acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Hey! I know people have said the first month is the hardest and it is to some extent. But I have found that for me if I'm off my routine for even a week I struggle to get back into it. I went through a separation and I was stalled for a couple months, not wanting to go the gym or anything. Although this could have been related to what else was going on but still, kind of crazy.

So yes, getting started is hard but when I hit the 70ish lbs of loss it was really hard for me to stay motivated sometimes because everyone was saying how great I looked and I loved it but I had to actively tell myself that it isn't over, I still have a long way to go.

For reference, I started at 320lbs, I'm 5'9 and my GW is about 175; see how I look at that weight and go from there. I just want to hit onederland lol.

If you ever need to chat, vent or need some support feel free to add me - I'm on this journey with ya :)
  • SabresFan19
    SabresFan19 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'd love a buddy that needs to lose a lot of weight too! It would help me to keep on track.
  • susanmc31
    susanmc31 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have close to 100 to lose as well. Feel free (anyone) to add me, I try to be motivational and encouraging. Dan, you are completely right and that's how i've approached my weight loss.
  • Tavasztundere
    Tavasztundere Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there,
    Dan shows a great attitude! :)

I am new here (however logged in more than two years ago), I have to lose a bit more than 60 pounds, and I would be happy to be the weight loos buddy for any of you.

I am sure we can do it.

I think we can make changes with the right decisions. In case of weight loss these decisions are made on questions like "shall I eat the whole portion?", "does my body need these sweets?" or "am I really hungry?"

I hope to be over the first week/month (haha- I just started today), maybe it is going to be easier by the time sports become my habit.
  • yafashelli
    yafashelli Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :) I'm half way through a 100+ pound weight loss. What I have found to be a big help is to prelog your day's food. It's been the biggest key to my own success because you can't un-eat something that puts you over your macros. :)

You can do it!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I want to lose at least 200 pounds. I started at 372 and I'm down almost 60 now. I already feel a LOT better and stronger, and that really motivates me. I know it's a long haul, but something I really need to get done once and for all. Anyone feel free to add me – but be warned I really loathe talk about "cheat days" or cheating period. I eat whatever I want but make sure that it fits in my plan (or, sometimes not, but that's life – get right back to it).

Anyway, lots of positive vibes to everyone! We can all reach our goals!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You and anyone else here can feel free to add me. First off welcome to MFP and congrats on the weight loss achieved so far. Dan has some great advice all I can add Is that this is not a diet it is a lifestyle change, and it will have it's ups and downs. Key is to not beat yourself up for mistakes and to congratulate and celebrate your achievements. you and everyone here is a beautiful person and we can all do this if we all stick together and support ourselves and one another...Namaste and good luck.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm sure I was heavier, but when I first weighed myself I was a whopping 336lbs! Today I'm 257.6lbs. The goal I've set for myself is 145lbs, which puts me kinda in the middle of a normal BMI chart for 5'7. I've never seen this number in my adult life!! So, I have no idea how I'm going to feel when I get there. I have a long ways to go, but I'm not giving up.. Make small changes to get results and when you feel you need more of a challenge, switch things up. Personally, I'm horrible at exercising and the last time I lost weight I burnt myself out with the 5 days a week stuff. This time I've found something I love doing, which is hiking. I found myself a group and go on weekends to get me out of the house. It challenges me and I get to see some beautiful scenery! I also incorporated a 20 minute commute to work in my lifestyle to help with my plan. My suggestion is to find something that you enjoy doing. If it's not slaving away at the gym, you'll never stick to it! Find what works for you, be patient, and get some supportive friends on here to help you along the way. I try to surround myself with like-minded people and that helps me a lot. So, people who try to log daily, have goals, eat relatively healthy .. etc. I'm always looking for some new friends. Add me if you'd like and congratulations on the great start to a happier and healthier you!! xx
  • GG983
    GG983 Posts: 7
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello! Im new and also looking to lose an extreme amount of weight. Anyone can feel free to add me
  • corofinlass
    corofinlass Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I started with 100lbs to lose. I am currently down 17 of those and am on day 50. Always happy to make new friends :-)
  • muffintopuk
    Options
    yep ive got 100+lb to shift - friends request sent to ya hun :)
  • MaroneLotz
    MaroneLotz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Have lost 42kg (92lb) so far and plan to go another 45kg (99lb). That would be 87kg (191lb) in total. YIKES! I log everyday.
  • JennaBanennax3
    Options
    I am not quite trying to lose 100 lbs but I do have quite a ways to go with a 65 Lb weight loss goal. Just started out a few days ago & I have no buddies yet, but would definitely like some ^_^ I'll add you!