21 Day Fix Challenge

Options
kiki_ac
kiki_ac Posts: 49 Member
Hey fellow MFP'ers. It has been a real long time since I have used the power of MFP. I have struggled for the past year with my weight and mental state from not being able to succeed but again I haven't utilized all my resources. This morning I am at 220. Not awesome but I have a goal to be under 200 lbs in 2 months if not by the end of this year. I just got 21 day fix program and I would begin this Monday (November 10) exactly 3 months before my 28th birthday.

I know this is a very ambitious of me considering the Holiday food fest is near but if you know about the program it is not so restrictive with the choices as long as they fit in the containers.

If you would like to join me, reply. If you want to join the challenge but want to start a different date you can still come by for support.

Replies

• hispraiseinme
    hispraiseinme Posts: 69 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Anna, wow! That's a lot of inches. I'll be finishing my first round on Monday! Looking forward to see how I did!

I message you about your group your starting. I'd like to join.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I am not a coach, but I do like the "21 Day Fix" program and learned a lot about balanced nutrition with it! I am still following the workouts (combined with PiYo). Add me if you like, and goodluck! :smile:
  • kiki_ac
    Options
    Hi Anna! Congratulations on your results. I am ready to start the program so thanks for your help offering. Is there anything more to keeping in contact through MFP for you to be my coach? Before you started the program, how much preparation would you say went into the nutrition portion. I am bad a cooking delicious and juicy chicken breast but I am really good at dry, tough chicken. Lol. I am excited to go grocery shopping tomorrow. Today is my menu prep day.
  • kiki_ac
    Options
    hispraiseinme
    Great! Anytime you need help, I will try my best to give it to you. The app on my phone doesn't do a good job with the community section of MFP but I will be here.

StDenis89
    I really think I am going to enjoy the educating myself on the value of having good nutrition behind my exercise. If that part is less than 80% of successful weight loss/healthy lifestyle/workout regimin etc than it pretty darn IMPORTANT.

How is PiYo? I have not seen any of what the program is about.
  • dazywings333
    dazywings333 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    just did a 21 Day Fix 10-min abs last night! Tonight maybe Dirty 30? not on the fix plan, but using the workouts. who knows maybe I'll get out my containers again...
  • kiki_ac
    Options
    HOLY... yes I encourage you to look up 21 day fix and all the experiences people have had with it. I just started but I think the nutrition component is especially awesome because there are not counting calories or weighing. My portion control is super poor.

Yesterday was good! I enjoyed my morning shake. I had not yet had the opportunity to properly go shopping for the red and the yellows but I will get the chance after payday. I did the dvd during my lunch/teacher work period. Hard at times with the weights but I kept moving. The down side...only one 'cheek' is sore. I thought I ate to heavy last -night. (1/3 top ramen noodles with a bunch of veggies--string bean stir fry) but i guess i didn't because there was a difference on the scale. I am happy about that.

20 days to go for the first round!
  • jodmend
    jodmend Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I just got everything today in the mail and am starting the 21 day fix with piyo tomorrow. May I join you?
  • annasparks05
    annasparks05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If all of you stick with it and follow the plan exactly as it's laid out you WILL see results. Make sure to take your measurements and pictures as well. I didn't see a big weight loss BUT I lost 30 inches total and when I looked at my before and after pictures I could see how far I've come.
  • kiki_ac
    Options
    Hi people! 4th day down and feeling good. I am having a bit of an issue with getting everything in, orange and one yellow container. Also with my busy day I end up trying to eat a good or too much sized meal and snacks at night. I need to adjust somewhere.
  • Dustinsteven22
    Dustinsteven22 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the hard work. Consistency is the key to anything. I'm at the end of the 2nd phase of P90X. I'm starting to see some results. As far as PIYO, it's a great workout. It's low impact and it really helps with functional movement and flexibility. Your core will be on fire!!
  • lindseykp
    Options
    I love 21 day fix! I have complete one round and now I'm finishing up T25 Gamma. I will be doing 21 DF again in 3 weeks when I'm done with gamma! Which will bring me right up to Christmas :) Feel free to friend me!
  • kiki_ac
    Options
    WOW!! I think beachbody products are very powerful if you try it and give your all. I have tried P90x twice years ago but I didn't follow the eating plan. I think 21 fix is great re-entry to those programs to reset my eating habits and motivation.
  • logansmummy724
    Options
    i have done insanity hip hop abs and now about to start 21 day fix they're amazing programs. im gonna do insanity max when it comes out next month!!!!!!
  • candyastra
    Options
    I have the 21 day fix videos and info but not the containers. I lost 105lbs just through exercise and portion controlled eating with MFP but i've slacked off and gained back 30lb. Has anyone done this program without the containers?
  • cristinfaldetta
    cristinfaldetta Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You CAN do the 21-day fix workouts on their own and they are great. The containers are great though because they teach you portion sizes. And you can use the containers with any fitness program you are doing.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    candyastra wrote: »
    I have the 21 day fix videos and info but not the containers. I lost 105lbs just through exercise and portion controlled eating with MFP but i've slacked off and gained back 30lb. Has anyone done this program without the containers?

I do it without the containers...I'm eating 2700 cals/day on it.
  • hmm how do i get started
  • i am gona do the workouts
    :)
  • kiki_ac
    Options
    Round one done. GREAT results! I didn't get the measurements until the 4th day of the program so I don't know them now but I am down 8 pounds without having done the 3 day diet. The doubles were done during the holiday break Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and on Thursday I had only done the Total Cardio. Thanksgiving was a bit torturous but it did help that the only thing I wanted to eat wasn't so full of butter. (the desserts were a bit killer). I gained 3 pounds for the following day, and did not exercise. On Saturday, I went down 2lbs and did exercise at the gym for 30 mins. To me, I failed, but I knew it was going to be tough but I was at least able to start it and didn't say "Oh I will start after the holidays."
    I have decided to take a week off of exercising because, I have self-diagnosed myself with straining my knee. I webmd'd it and I may have stressed my MCL. My doc appt is not until Christmas time. I will jump back into the exercises on Monday.

Overall I am super happy about my results. I was told, and I notice, I have more definition in my arms and legs (booty too!). I didn't always go all out on the DVDs but following Katherine made me keep going on without giving up!