LEG/THIGH SLIMMING AND TONING

Options
So I have found I have dropped a dress size on the waist but not on the leg and am struggling to buy shorts/jeans that fit on both the waist and thigh area
does anyone have any successful tips / exercises for the thigh area ?
thank you :) xxx

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    ive lost inches from the legs with walking, doing an hr a day
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Squats and lunges.. LOTS of them! The class I take is almost all leg work and every class we are hammering out countless amounts of squats and lunges. A lady in our class in her 60's actually increased muscle by 1.5 inches on her legs of solid muscle from doing these. We use a lot of weight like sandbags and such so if you wanted to just tone them I would do the squats and lunges with no weight.

there is walking lunges, high running lunge, lowing running lunge, squats with and without weight. It works for sure.. I have NO fat on my legs anymore..gives you reallly nice glutes also. =0)
  • krissybug72
    krissybug72 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Old fahioned hand held weights and leg lifts - tons of them, I do it while I watch TV. I have lost more inches from by butt and thighs than from my waist. My old workout pants are bagging in the butt I can only wear them in the house now they look ridiculous ...LOL
  • redxmasqueen
    Options
    Pilates, yoga and especially the Lotte Berk workouts.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I can totally relate. Since I've lost weight, my hips/thighs are at least 2 sizes bigger than my waist. If the exercises don't work, you might want to find a good seamstress! Good luck!
    -LP
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Pilates, yoga and especially the Lotte Berk workouts.

Yes do YOGA and Pilates FOR SURE!!! I forgot about that part. I have been doing both for 8 weeks now.. it is amazing and your legs are on FIRE by the time you are done.
  • waterbabeAD
    waterbabeAD Posts: 73
    Options
    squats, leg curls with a swiss ball and running/jogging/walking.
  • scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Check out POP Pilates on YouTube, it's a great series of free pilates videos, between 10 and 30 minutes long. I've been doing a lot of them recently and really been seeing results. There are specific ones to work on legs and thighs.