Yearly doctor visit

Options
I just had my yearly physical and it went extremely well. I just started my lifestyle change and weight loss journey 2 months ago and have lost 37 lbs as of this morning. My doctor is very pleased with my current state of health compared to last year. I am 26 lbs lighter, my blood sugar is perfect, my cholesterol is just a tad low but not concerning (I am on Crestor), blood pressure is perfect (pre-hypertensive last year), resting heart rate is perfect. He asked a battery of questions regarding my changes. He asked if I thought my eating habits were going to be sustainable, to which I answered yes since I am not restricting everything just making better choices and compensating on days I might have something "bad." Asked me about my exercising which last year I was not doing. I have picked up mountain biking, brisk walks and body weight exercises. I have my wife fully involved, which makes it so much easier to do.

We talked about healthy weights and BMI numbers. He thought 210 was probably a good goal for me based on my height ( 6' 2" ) which he figures would put my BMI in the 25-27% range. Currently I am 253 lbs with a BMI of 33.3% (obese!). I have set a first goal of 240 lbs (only 13 to go!) to reevaluate and reset and my final goal is 200. So my goal and his are fairly close. He said that even if I don't make it to 210, and stop at 220 that I will have made some serious changes in my health and that in and of its self would be a victory. He is a good cheerleader. I left encouraged.

Replies

• MrsATrotta
    MrsATrotta Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Glad to hear you got some positive feedback from your doctor that's the best place to get it :) good lukc on the rest of your journey!
  • ddoerr57
    ddoerr57 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your good report! Keep on track!!
    My doctor told me that at my age (57), I should not worry about weight, but body fat was key. My body fat should be held at 21%, which matches my goal of 150 lbs.
  • meeyuh
    meeyuh Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Way to go on all the positive changes and excellent goals. I know you'll make it soon! :D
  • jeepskate
    jeepskate Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words!
  • EachDayDoesCount
    EachDayDoesCount Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! Stay motivated and you will be at your goal weight soon!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!