Kettlebells

Options
I think I want to get into kettlebell workouts. What do I need? Weights and a DVD I assume. Where do I buy that stuff?

Replies

• BeginningNoStop
    BeginningNoStop Posts: 78 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i ordered my kettlebelll off amazon for less than 20 bucks. I look up workouts on pinterest. Youtube has videos as well. my problem is having room to do them
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I am almost done with a 4 week cycle of Kettlebells simple and sinister by Pavel Tsatsouline. I started with 53 lb swings and 35 lb get ups and moved my way up. Very simple but effective program, my heart rate is elevated like I am running a 7 min mile. I have been doing it 7 days a week and takes about 20-25 min including warmup. I haven't lost any strength in any of my lifts and find it pretty good alternative during cutting phase.
  • alecto89
    alecto89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can look up Marcus Martinez for DVDs and youtube videos. Here is a link to his 20 usdollar dvd:http://www.mbodystrength.com/products/mb45-essentials

Kettlebells you can get from amazon. Cap barbell makes some good ones. I got a 30 lb one for about 45 dollars. You may want chalk, too.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    you need a competent instructor
  • Southernmama063
    Options
    I bought my kettelbell at walmart and it came with a work out dvd
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Check out places like Rep Fitness, Rogue Fitness & Again Faster as they'll all be having deals this Black Friday.

If you're really serious, I'd suggest Steve Cotter's book/DVD The Complete Guide to Kettlebell Training. I have this book and it's EXCELLENT. I think every exercise know to God that you can do with a Kettlebell is in this book/on the DVD that comes with it.