My butt wont get smaller no matter what I do

Options

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    From what I always see .. they say to squat to gain a butt .. maybe you need to cut that out, as that could be your problem as you apparently "squat alot".
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    From what I always see .. they say to squat to gain a butt .. maybe you need to cut that out, as that could be your problem as you apparently "squat alot".

Sigh
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1700 calories per day (of course some day less some day more ) my appetite is not the same everyday
    I can resist oreos but i limit myself to 2-3 per day

Are you 100% sure? Your diary is not open, so no way we can verify that you are likely eating what you think you're eating.
  • preppyemo08
    Options
    No im not trolling
    I do have this problem blieve it or not today at the gym im going to measure it and post the measurment here
    Around 1700 ? I have an app on iphone for food diary that i used a while back and my food routine is almost the same everyday since i prepare my food and this is what i know what to prepare so most days it is the same food only different veges and spices .... I will post pictures but my self esteem is way too low for that i hate my pictures
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

facetom1.0_standard_730.0.jpg

No no no. You can squat a lot but if you are in a calorie deficit how is your butt going to get bigger. It won't.
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I squat a lot I do not have a big butt. My advice is to weigh food and measure liquids inch loss starts in the kitchen. there are problem areas for most of us I say embrace it 1 persons floor is anothers envy
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    No im not trolling
    I do have this problem blieve it or not today at the gym im going to measure it and post the measurment here
    Around 1700 ? I have an app on iphone for food diary that i used a while back and my food routine is almost the same everyday since i prepare my food and this is what i know what to prepare so most days it is the same food only different veges and spices .... I will post pictures but my self esteem is way too low for that i hate my pictures

in that case you actually have no idea how many calories you are consuming. Considering you are using MFP, you should know that tracking food intake is pretty much the method to successfully lose weight.
  • timetravelforfitness
    Options

You mention posture might be a factor. This is usually called Anterior Pelvic Tilt and/or Lordosis. There are stretches and strength training routines designed to fix this. I dont know of any to recommend to you but you should be able to add them to your routine without adding a lot of time and effort.

This. I've been doing some of the pelvic tilt stretches in order to correct a hamstring/hip issue I have and or the first time in my like my bottom doesn't feel like I don't have two pillows attached. (even when I was in high school and weighed 40 lbs. less than my current weight) It's also changed the way my upper legs are turned, just a bit. I learned about this through a physical therapist, and no doctor ever talked to me about it, so I don't know how you could go about finding out about it.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I know qunioa has nothing to do wih weightloss
    What i meant is i try to eat as healthy as possible with as less processed food as possible i stopped eating white bread and pasta long time ago(and i dont crave it so i dont feel im missing out) i prefer sweet potatos and qunioa and whole wheat/rye bread
    I used to be obese so i really made huge lifestyle changes and im proud and im happy that i have no problem sticking with it .... Other than my butt im happy with my body i gained weight recently but it is muscle weight because i increased the weights i lift

Yeah but I'm saying what you eat has nothing to do with it in general. If you're not eating LESS of it, you're not losing weight, your butt isn't getting smaller.
    This.
  • nmatthi
    nmatthi Posts: 8 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi! I am the same age and height as you, but I weigh 122 lbs and still have quite a large butt. I believe that for me it is genetic and it could be the same for you. I have lost 21 lbs in the past few months and it has obviously slimmed my butt but it is probably still larger than someone else's might be at that weight. I have a 24-25 inch waist but usually have to get jeans in a size larger and wear a belt. It also annoys me sometimes but I think there is just some things that you need to accept about yourself. I understand from what you're saying that you're happy with your weight and I applaud that (I am eternally unsatisfied, which is not good at all, but I am working on it and getting better yay :smile: ) Unfortunately, you will not be able to spot reduce and lose some butt without losing weight. Hope I could help shed some light on that issue ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Have you tried caloric deficit? That's the only way to get smaller. You can't choose where it comes from first.
    This^
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Have you tried caloric deficit? That's the only way to get smaller. You can't choose where it comes from first.
    This^

Love that you're on the big butt thread. This is an old one but I'm always happy to talk about butts
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    This^

Love that you're on the big butt thread. This is an old one but I'm always happy to talk about butts

Oh dear, never even looked at the date...Oh well IN for butts.
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 with a 29 inch waist and 40 inch hips. Know what I did? I found a butt man. Instant boost of confidence. :#
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    __drmerc__ wrote: »
    Look on the bright side, big butts are in right now

big butts have never been out.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I know qunioa has nothing to do wih weightloss
    What i meant is i try to eat as healthy as possible with as less processed food as possible i stopped eating white bread and pasta long time ago(and i dont crave it so i dont feel im missing out) i prefer sweet potatos and qunioa and whole wheat/rye bread
    I used to be obese so i really made huge lifestyle changes and im proud and im happy that i have no problem sticking with it .... Other than my butt im happy with my body i gained weight recently but it is muscle weight because i increased the weights i lift

all of this matters nothing if you are not in a calorie deficit….

how do you know it is muscle? if you are eating in a deficit you are not building muscle…conversely, if you are eating in a surplus then your Gluteus Maximus is not going to get smaller….
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Normal Weight for 5'6 is 115 lbs -154 lbs. You may be happier with your butt if you drop to a lower weight, since you are on the higher (but not highest) end of the healthy spectrum.
  • davidkacprzyk
    davidkacprzyk Posts: 1
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Your butt is mostly fat. If you lose the fat, the butt will get smaller. /thread

inb4 someone goes "glutes are big muscles blah blah blah" - if you're not squatting 100kg for reps, your glutes are not big enough to make your butt big.
  • kimault1984
    kimault1984 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would embrace it! Judging by your stats, you are within a healthy weight. I am bottom heavy as well and have actually come to enjoy it. Women are paying thousands of dollars for injections to get a bigger butt and you have one naturally!