Help figuring out calories

Options
My mother is making hamburger helper for dinner, we are using the lean beef, some lactose free milk, and we're not using the crunchy fake frito's that come in the package, we bought some real frito's to put in instead.

I can easily calculate the calories off the box and ingredients, but how do I take away the calories that are included from the fake frito's? The only two options I see off the box are "as packaged" and "prepared"

Replies

• sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I would posit they are exactly the same - or close enough to make no difference.
  • Glytcher
    Glytcher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Okay, thanks! :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    In this instance I doubt there is an entry for the fake Fritos, but if you do want to subtract something that IS in the database you can enter it as a negative serving amount.

I agree with sjaplo - just enter it as is. I would do it as a recipe - with the as packaged stats, and using the correct entries for the hamburger and milk you used.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Real Fritos vs. Fake Fritos...... things that make you go hmmmmm. This one might keep me awake tonight.

But yeah, just log it, it will be close enough.
  • btc1987
    btc1987 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I agree with what others have posted. Also watch out for the serving size of the Frito's you use. Chances are you could end up adding a lot more than the package of fake ones that come in the box.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I guess it has been awhile since I had hamburger helper. I did not know about the FRITOS!? :mrgreen: