STUCK at 205!!

Options
Hey everyone!
well just like it says, i'm stuck at 205. I already know that if I was working out regularly, i'd be dropping weight quickly. The hardest part for me is finding time to work out.
I know I know, everyone says that. My normal routine usually goes like this:
Wake up and get the kids ready for school
Stay up playing with my 1 yr old until his nap
1yr old naps from 1-4
Clean while he's down for a nap, and finish school work (online college)
The other two kids get home around 430, and my husband shortly after that
Make dinner and eat dinner, be done by around 630
baths and putting baby down for bed at 7
the other two boys we try to play a game with or do their homework until their bedtime at 8.
clean and prep for the next day until bed time for me around 12

SEE! We bought an xbox kinect, and I like playing that with the kids so we're active. BUT even if I work up a sweat dancing or playing a game, It doesn't feel like real exercise. I like to take the kids outside on weekends, but the weather here (upstate ny) is never consistant and usually cold.
I need ideas for something that will feel more like a active day and a work out while i'm at home and on weekends. The smallest suggestions will be of GREAT HELP! Thanks!!

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Wow that seems like a very busy life! You could take your 1yr old swimming and such a few times a week maybe, it'll give you some exercise. Other than that i'm not really sure on what to suggest. Maybe also increasing your calorie intake a bit?
  • dericcarson
    dericcarson Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My gym has a daycare and it is only $20.00 extra per month for my youngest son to go. They do lots of fun things with him while I work out. I am a single working mom of 2 children and make sure that the gym fits into my daily routine. Hope that helps :) Good Luck.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I am a single mom of 4 (their father is not in the picture so it is all me 24/7) and I work one full-time job which requires a lot of travel and a part-time job which is flexible. Basically, I never found time to exercise and had plenty of reasons why. Then I finally decided that if I was going to be the best mom/employee/whatever i could be then I needed to find just 30 minutes to be active. I started with 30 minutes on the treadmill a couple of times a week, worked up to every other day. It wasn't always easy and I still had a hard time getting there some days, but it was one thing I did just for me. Interestingly, I found I didn't really miss that 45 minutes (time to and from the gym + workout). Then I purchased the 30 Day Shred workout and I found a fabulous fit. It is only about 25 minutes start to finish, I feel like I have gotten a good workout, and I never have to leave home. So I have been doing it everyday, and still running every other day. I get up a half hour before I have to get the kids up for school and do the Shred, then I usually try to work the run in after work. I can't tell you how much better I feel working it in. It is a challenge, but you are worth that time. Start small and work up. Good Luck!
  • patsyanne
    patsyanne Posts: 111
    Options
    You sure have a busy day but need to remember that you are important and need some time for what is good for you. How about taking the one year old for a nice stroller ride or jog during the morning time or find a gym with a daycare so you could spend a little time there with the little one in the daycare. I know that costs money BUT at age 65 I can tell you if you dont do something for yourself now you will still be working at it at my age or maybe have health issues by then. I hope you can find something that works for you. Good luck.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,243 Member
    Options
    You are quite active. I hope you put that in when you set up MFP. If not you may be eating too little which will hinder your weight loss. MFP is set up for you to lose weight even if you don't exercise, and frankly 80% of weight loss is what you eat, less calories eaten than burned. Are you sure you are measuring your food carefully (a good kitchen scale is very helpful for this) and are you drinking enough water. I know my weight loss will slow significantly if I don't drink a lot of water. Without seeing your food diary it is hard to give other advice. Finally, just because something doesn't feel like exercise doesn't mean it is not. I don't know how long you have been at this except you started in April, but give in several weeks. I don't know why, but it seems often women take a while before they start losing weight. I'm guessing it happens to some men as well, but I tend to hear that complaint more often from women.
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I was stuck for three months. Even though I was eating right and exercising I even gained four pounds. Last week I had to be on a clear liquid diet for a day and that turned the corner for me. The four pounds are gone plus two more. I drank apple juice and Gatorade, lots of water. If I get stuck on a plateau again I will do this.
  • gardea
    gardea Posts: 75
    Options
    In the morning before baby's nap, take him in the stroller for a walk. I also found a work out that works for me when I can't get in a good 20 or 30 minute exercise. It is called 10 minute solutions. I do the dance one. It is broken down into five parts. If you only do one, its not a great work out, but its still a work out. I get up at 6 am every day for work. I work 10 days four days a week. I have an 8 year old son and a 2.5 year old daughter. I come home about 545 and start dinner if hubby hasn't already. Then we eat. I play with my kids for a while. Then at 8 we start baths. My daughter goes to bed by 830 and my son by 9. If I haven't been able to fit in a workout while dinner is cooking, then I do it as soon as the kids are in bed. I do more on my days off from work, but those days are a different kind of busy with my son getting ready for school and keeping my daughter busy. On weekends I keep them both busy as my hubby usually works weekends. I definately find it tight for time to work out, but I make sure I do something. You can do it!!!!
  • breezy2413
    breezy2413 Posts: 8
    Options
    thank you! i'm gonna have to try that
  • breezy2413
    breezy2413 Posts: 8
    Options
    so far i'm getting some great feedback. I agree- maybe doing something with the little man before his nap would be good for us. I'm gonna try today! and I think I may try to re-organize my day. Maybe cleaning as much as I can while he's awake before his nap, then when he goes down for the 3 hours doing something on a dvd. AND increase my water intake
    thank you all so much!!