Shoes!!

Options
So... I bought some Brooks running shoes today. The shop is run by runners and they do all the gait analysis palava. So after trying out many it was said that these were the perfect pair. I said to the woman in the shop ( who incidently has the most muscly legs I've ever seen ) 'do they come any cuter than this?'
With a totally straight face she said ' no these are the shoes for you' :-s
I'm actually fairly excited and hope it's the end of some niggly little problems! Onward!!

Replies

• MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!!!!
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Thanks mama p :-)
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the new kicks! I hope the Brooks they fit you with work as great as mine did. I tried to find running shoes on my own and had all kids of leg, foot and back pain. The pair I got fit for were perfect from the first step....all the nagging pain I had immediately went away. Have fun!
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of Brooks as well, and I love them. It took me a minute to get used to them, as they are much more cushy and appropriate for my feet than the ancient pair I had been running in. I was hoping for a cuter pair as well, but I have a friend who frequently runs marathons, and he told me not to even consider what they look like as long as they fit well and are right for my feet. But I have grown to like the way they look anyway. :)
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I love my Brooks shoes. I wear the glycerin and get a new pair each year. I also wear the superfeet orthotics in them.
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Which model? I wear the Brooks Glycerin—they could look like brown paper bags for all I care, because boy, do they feel good! :smile: Once you see how much easier running is with well-fitted shoes, you won't care either.
  • Edie30
    Options
    Hi guys, they are Ravenna 5s I think they are called. Yes I don't really care what they look like I just want to put a stop to odd nagging issues. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. I have just had a run with them and they took a bit to get used to as I'm used to minimalist shoes but I soon got into it :-)
  • loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was running in minimalist shoes too (Nike Free 4.0 Flyknits), but like you, I was having a few niggling issues. Nothing major, but just a few more aches and pains than I felt like were normal. No more of that with the Brooks! Hope you have the same experience, now it's like running on a mattress.
  • Edie30
    Options
    Yes Ive just been for a run again and I think I'm loving them! Hopefully I've cracked it!!!
  • Edie30
    Options
    Yesterday I thought I was going to trip over myself and knock myself out as they seemed sooo big!!!! :-)
  • gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Those Glycerin's are really nice. I tried a pair of them, but ended with Ghost 6's after ,u fitting. My friend who runs in them describes them as buttery. She absolutely loves them.
  • Edie30
    Options
    Omg buttery shoes!!! I want :-)
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I've never ran in Brooks. Did you have to size up a whole size?
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm on about my 10th pair of brookes Adrenanline GTS's Love em. For fashion yes buy shoes that look how you want them but running shoes are a tool for running in, nothing more. The only reason I have different coloured pairs of the same ones is so I don't get confused when I cycle them between each run
  • Edie30
    Options
    I was half a size bigger in brooks. I don't care what they look like really I was just having a giggle :-) I'm super pleased with them :-)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I recently got Brooks shoes too. I tried three different brands from the recommendation after my treadmill test and these were the most comfortable. I thought they just looked like good shoes.

I love cute dance workout shoes and Capezios are so boring, but I don't care what running shoes look like as long as they protect my knees and stop me from pronating. Yes. I wear a half size bigger in Brooks too.

• liftreadphilosophize
    Options
    New running shoes are the BEST! I hope you love them!
  • SLHysell
    SLHysell Posts: 247 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I wear Brooks Defyance shoes for running. Like yours, mine were chosen based on my gait and comfort of fit. It is unbelievable to me how much they help my running comfort. They too are not a fashion choice I would make, but running isn't about fashion...

Mostly anyway...haha. .
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am a shoe *kitten*! I have Brooks along with several other pairs of shoes. Love them (pureflow3) they are of of my daily trainers. I wish you the best of luck with your running. I hope you can learn to enjoy it as I do!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I can't run on buttery mattresses. I need to feel the ground under my feet...