Ready to Start Living Again

Options
After spending 8 years having and raising toddlers, I am finally at a point in my life where I can start giving myself a little bit of me time. I don't know why, but raising little kids made me feel guilty about doing anything for myself. Of course my kids still need me plenty but I no longer feel guilty about spending an hour dancing to my favorite songs or walking on the treadmill while being tuned in to one of my favorite shows on Netflix. I'm actually a better mom when I'm happier and that is why I appreciate any down time I can get. And I feel more balanced - my life is not 100% me nor is it 100% my kids. There's enough of me to go around lol and everybody is happy when mommy's happy. My advice: Don't lose yourself while raising a family and/or working full-time. Take care of yourself inside out always and you will become a better mother/father and wife/husband through it all.

Replies

• MamaP47
    MamaP47 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with you there! My kids and hubby know the difference as well. For my kids, when mommy is fit and healthy, she has more energy to play with them and spend time with them.
  • abir888
    abir888 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    glad to hear you are now more happier mother ... i have two sweet little girls 9months and 24 months ... i'm sure you know how much time they need at this stage ..i left myself totally gone to the edge... and left my job... but recently i decided to take care of myself ... since i've started exercising i felt more better and more energetic ... this is all affected my relation with girls ... thx for ur advice .. and viva sexy moms ;)
  • 2bizzybee
    2bizzybee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I understand. I have the same struggles. It's hard to
    balance taking care of yourself when you have young
    kids. Good Luck!