Needing Help

Options
Im kelly, im 21 and am really struggling.
i find it so hard to get motivation and am sick of pretending im happy.
im angry that i have gotten to this point and have no one to blame but myself
i really want to do this or i will eat myself to death

ive heard of OverEaters Anonymous.. has any one ever been?

Any tips or someone on the GC who wants someone to go on this journey with, im here

Replies

• bettyjune
    bettyjune Posts: 4
    Options
    There is a great non-profit organization called TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly). They have weekly meetings that include a weigh in and all the group support you could want! Go to their website www.tops.org and you can find a chapter that meets close to where you live. I have been a member for 20 years and my fellow TOPS members have been with me through the good times and the bad times! TOPS has saved me!!
  • SMJ3
    SMJ3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I am new to this site and I feel the same way you do. I have no motivation and it seems like I pack on more lbs everyday. There are so many people like us out there, we are not alone. I wish you the best with everything. Maybe we can help motivate each other.
  • rsqsquad05
    rsqsquad05 Posts: 125
    Options
    I read your blog entry. I'd love to help encourage you through this. The thing that has helped me is just seeing how much I was overeating. It was kind of a wake up call. Also, I will put my meals in before I eat them. Like I decide what I will have for lunch and I'll go ahead and log it...that way if I see that I have too many calories I can either choose something different or make my portion size smaller. A big thing is not to beat yourself up if you dont stay under. It takes time! That accomplishment is that you are trying and WILL get there! Set attainable goals. Example: This week my goal is to excercise for 15 min everyday. next week my goal is to not go more than 100 calories over and just build up to it. One thing I like is that if I see I am going over in my calories I can go for a nice 30 min walk and gain back some of them. I hope this helps girl.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I agree with Bettyjune. TOPS is a great support group. I lost 50 pounds since joining TOPS last year. Checkout the website and find a meeting in your area.

Topsking2010
  • dusk1977
    dusk1977 Posts: 295
    Options
    Hi Kelly, I have added you as a friend, I have at least 92lb to loose and need as much support as you do. You have already made a positive change by joining this website. Just remember we didn't put this weight on overnight so I will take time to loose it but will be worth it in the end, just take it 1 day at a time and we will all get there in the end :flowerforyou:
  • thumper67
    thumper67 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hey there...I agree that TOPS would be a great avenue for you. If there isn't a program in your area, maybe there is some other type of program. We live in a really small town and our local hospital puts on a program similar to TOPS. I joined it 1 month ago and it has helped me with my portion sizes and helping me stay accountable. You have made the 1st step by joining this website and asking for help. Very proud of you! Like Dusk1977 said take it 1 day at a time. Use this website to track your food and utilize the support it gives. I will add you as a friend to get you started.
  • SMJ3
    SMJ3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options