30 Day No Chocolate Challenge Nov 25th, 2014

Options
I have recently decided that I am going to go 30 days without chocolate to try and help break the addiction. I consume way to much chocolate on a weekly basis and crave it all the time!
I have decided to start this challenge tomorrow Nov 25th and it will end on Christmas.
Would anyone else like to join me on this challenge..would really help to have some motivation and support :)

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • ktja_van
    ktja_van Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't really eat chocolate much, but sure LET'S DO IT!
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Why would I ever give up chocolate?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    buut. but...

but WHHHHYYYYYYY LOL.

j/k

30 day challenges are great ways to up your self discipline- it's a short term goal that isn't life altering.

I fully support 30 day challenges.

just not ones that involve chocolate LOL

I could do 30 days w/o beer. I'm on board with that- but wine- no beer- wine's still on the table.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    That would be a sad 30 days....no thanks.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Too late for me. Best of luck, OP.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    omg WHY?!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Not sure I could do it. Try every year to give it up for lent but fail ;-) Prefer to include a small amount and track it.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I once did this for 40 days as was totally addicted to eating the stuff - ate several bars a day and didnt really actually enjoy it - the result was (after my family nearly kicking me out the first two weeks) is that I now enjoy chocolate and can take it or leave it
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'll pass!!!
  • cloieclo
    cloieclo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Guys, I would love to join but...on the 1st December my chocolate advent calendar will be screaming my name!
    Everything in moderation right?
    But I admire your will power and wish you luck! :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I have some every day. As i calorie count then I know one chocolate bar = about 20-30 mins hard work doing cardio. Theres a point at which you dont wnat to undo all the hard work you have been slaving away at. Going 30 days without would just be annoying and might invoke a binge. Im comfier knowing I can eat whatever if I wish weighed against my desire to lose weight.
  • slenderme2012
    slenderme2012 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will!!!!! I also eat way to much so I will join you in this challenge. I think a little bit of dark chocolate is good for you but not as much as I eat. My thought is after the challenge I will be able to eat it in healthy portions.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    shells0715 wrote: »
    I have recently decided that I am going to go 30 days without chocolate to try and help break the addiction. I consume way to much chocolate on a weekly basis and crave it all the time!
    I have decided to start this challenge tomorrow Nov 25th and it will end on Christmas.
    Would anyone else like to join me on this challenge..would really help to have some motivation and support :)

To restore balance to the world, I have taken on the challenge of upping my 85% dark chocolate to 100g per day.

Yes. I use dark chocolate to ensure my required nutritional mineral content most days. :)
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    But a serving is only around 150 cals or less! And it's full of flavanoids and other healthy compounds. What have you got against flavanoids?
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I did this before, and afterwards, most of the cravings went away. Once in a while I still need a piece or two, but it's not nearly as often. Good luck! :)
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, I so need to challenge myself with this too. I am with you.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    shells0715 wrote: »

To restore balance to the world, I have taken on the challenge of upping my 85% dark chocolate to 100g per day.

I'd like to do my part, and consume a minimum of 5 Lindt Dark Chocolate truffles per day for the whole month.

And OP, I'm not entirely sure that eating a lot of chocolate counts as an addiction, but if cutting down on it/removing it temporarily helps your health in any way, good on you. I hope it works, and your plan doesn't backfire, by causing you to eat even more chocolate than before, due to depravation, after the 30 days are up. Good luck!
  • NinaChanges
    NinaChanges Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I need this challenge too!! I am in! Let's do it!!
  • shells0715
    shells0715 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Great!! For those who wanted to do this challenge, how did you do today?