THANK YOU 275 TO 195 36 BMI TO 27

Options
I want to thank all the people at my fitness pal and all the members/uses who add/update the food database. While I have used this before now that I have an IPhone I hope the results will be forever. Starting February 1, 2014 I reduced my BMI from 36 to 27 with a goal set of 24. I have been able to discontinue my high blood pressure medication and last week I was able to stop my diabetes medication as well.
My goal when I started was to make it to my 60th birthday November 2015 at 185lbs and be medication free I have accomplished the medication part and I have 10 pounds to go.
I have ALWAYS worked out in the gym every day at lunch but once again it's 90% what and how much you eat and 10% of the gym. (Alright maybe 80 20) :)
Beforel9rzkd6jm26c.jpg

After
56f5pwgdd7wr.jpg

Replies

• NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this - as someone over 50 I always find inspiration when someone improves their health through exercise. You look great too!
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, I am aiming to get rid of the BP medication as well :)
  • Heirgreat
    Heirgreat Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    wow just wow! you must be proud, thanks for the inspiration!
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job!!
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    great job
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Inspiring. Keep up the great work and doubt let those last 10 lbs beat you!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's wonderful! I love the updated pic, very inspirational - I would love to do more in the gym. That's one of my goals for 2015, although you're so right, it's 80% diet and 10% exercise when it comes to shifting pounds.
  • nappsmcgee
    nappsmcgee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Go Pops!
  • williamwj2014
    williamwj2014 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Wow, impressive! You look really good.
  • SuperSleepySchro
    SuperSleepySchro Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You mind if I ask how tall you are? Im 6'5" and started at 275 lbs too and am down to 241 and I'm not entirely sure what my goal should be. I'm shooting for 210 right now but that is based solely on top end of BMI
  • griffithm1
    griffithm1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job! Congrats to you. :)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!