Dieting to look my best in my dream wedding dress

Options
Hi all

I'm getting married in 8 months and I'm trying my hardest to become the best version of myself that I can be. My fiance is very supportive but his BMR is that he can eat twice what I eat and still lose weight.

I'm hoping to connect with females who have mastered their cravings and who aren't easily lead astray; any supportive individuals who can motivate and help out with snippets of wisdom, humour and grace. Humour is encouraged in these times :smiley:

If anyone wants to connect send me a message or post to this thread. Ta

Good luck to one and all, with your goals and dreams
Nix
x

Replies

• KLangleydoula
    KLangleydoula Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Hi Nix! Congrats on your upcoming wedding. Feel free to add me!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi Nix! I'm getting married next September! My fiancé is the same way. He can eat whatever he wants while all I've been doing is gaining happy weight! The other day we were out running errands. Hungry for lunch, I said, "Oh look Saladworks" to which he replied, "But there's a FiveGuys over there." So it's like that. :smile:
  • marcelo_templario
    marcelo_templario Posts: 653 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hello ninja_nicola

Would you post some stats?
    Weight, Height, any syndrome? Such like hypothyroidism? Vegan? Drink milk?
  • Jessalynn54
    Jessalynn54 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What seems to help me during the week is knowing what i'm going to make for dinner later and pre logging. My work keeps all sorts of snacks available, so looking at my calorie "bank" I know how much I can cash-in throughout the day. Keeping a bottle of water next to me too helps when I get bored hungry and not actually hungry. Weekends I am still trying to figure out.
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    I probably shouldn´t be in this thread... hell I know I shouldn´t be..

But I need to offer some important advice. Set your goal 5lbs LESS than what you actually want to be at, and have your end-date be a month before your wedding. In other words, allow yourself to gain 5lbs the last month.

Wedding stress is real... and you know what else is real? The personality changes that come from over-dieting. Irritability, mood-swings and depression are all caused by lack of calories to the brain... those are not things you want happening in the weeks leading up to your wedding. Get the dieting out of the way early, and allow yourself room for some comfort food when the stress kicks in.
  • BreMurie
    BreMurie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    PeteSede wrote: »
    I probably shouldn´t be in this thread... hell I know I shouldn´t be..

But I need to offer some important advice. Set your goal 5lbs LESS than what you actually want to be at, and have your end-date be a month before your wedding. In other words, allow yourself to gain 5lbs the last month.

Wedding stress is real... and you know what else is real? The personality changes that come from over-dieting. Irritability, mood-swings and depression are all caused by lack of calories to the brain... those are not things you want happening in the weeks leading up to your wedding. Get the dieting out of the way early, and allow yourself room for some comfort food when the stress kicks in.

I LOVE this! :)