Team Beachbody Overrated?

Options
OK this topic might be a little old and dated but I haven't been on in quite awhile. I have a couple of friends that just joined TBB as coaches and trying to push this 3 Day Refresh down my throat. While a 3 day challenge is exactly what I need, why does it have to cost so dang much? What are some other alternatives?

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Eating at a deficit and exercising. No gimmicks needed.

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Eating at a deficit and exercising. No gimmicks needed.

You forgot "free". :)
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    atamrowski wrote: »
    why does it have to cost so dang much?
    Your friends have to make money. Stop being so insensitive to their needs. Apologize and order the most expensive program they offer. They might forgive you.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Your friends are a) gullible and b) trying to take advantage of you.
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm a coach, but don't shove things down people's throats and also don't promote the 3 Day Refresh--I just don't think you need to "cleanse" as our bodies do that naturally. I did it once myself, lost a few pounds and it was fine, but I don't feel a need to do it again. Beachbody's workout programs are solid, but I would skip the Refresh.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    OK this topic might be a little old and dated but I haven't been on in quite awhile. I have a couple of friends that just joined TBB as coaches and trying to push this 3 Day Refresh down my throat. While a 3 day challenge is exactly what I need, why does it have to cost so dang much? What are some other alternatives?

Over.
    Rated.
    Over.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Would you classify "b" as an action a friend would take?
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    As rj said the programs are def great I also tried their shakeology because my husband got me the bundle i am sticking to programs only shakes and other stuff add up n r expensive they state they have great nutrients n they cleanse helps u drop weight prob water I just use the gnc lean shakes now for when I don't have time to prep or as a snack n your body is suppose to do it for u already
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

The Beachbody workout programs are great. Stick with those and a reasonable calorie deficit and you will lose weight. There is no need to spend so much money on a cleanse when your body can naturally do that job. :)
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'd skip the 3 Day Cleanse; as others have stated, your body doesn't need help to cleanse itself, and for many people three days of drinking just prepackaged shakes doesn't really help in the long run. We all need to learn to eat the right amounts and kinds of food, and exercise for health. One of my friends is a BB coach, too. She moderates an accountability/support group on Facebook that has been a HUGE help to quite a few of us as we improve our health and lose weight. She doesn't push the BB stuff, but I did buy Hip Hop Abs and I love doing it for cardio on non-gym days. I'm planning to buy the next level, too. It's quite inexpensive, a good workout for my level, and fun.
  • thatismesammyg
    thatismesammyg Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    BB is like a cult. Eat our food. Exercise our way. Recruit others to do the same. No thanks.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't think they should be called coaches, where as they have no certification whatsoever
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

In a word to answer your topic question.... yup.

there is no need to do a detox or a cleanse... not for 1 day, 3 days, or 3 weeks... your kidneys and liver will do that for you unless you have some medical issue that prevents your body from functioning as they should... eat a balanced diet and these things are unnecessary...
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Would you classify "b" as an action a friend would take?

Not a friend of mine, but people have different standards I guess.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    LotusAsh wrote: »
    I don't think they should be called coaches, where as they have no certification whatsoever

I wondered the same thing! Do they just pay to call themselves Coaches? And Thanks for the Coaches out there that DO NOT push product. What is PiYo?

• LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I am NOT a team beach body anything!! I have 2 FB friends who are constantly pimping the product out to all of us in different tactics they use. I don't buy, I have my own thing going on however, I have to admit, they look absolutely fantastic!! So it's all up to you as to what you'd like to do and how you want to do it. Just be forewarned, be careful with any exercise especially something so vigorous, make sure you're doing the moves correct and that you don't injure yourself.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Ok, I LOVE the programs, some of thems are tons of fun. I love the team beachbody website. It's GREAT for tracking your workouts and your progress.

Other than that I strictly do my own nutrition. I would never buy their meal plans or shakeology or anything like that.
  • phoebejeeby
    phoebejeeby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    any home workout program can be good. I like them cause I dont have to leave the house when its snowy and dark out in the morning. As for beachbody, I like the production values of Team beach body programs. Decent background music, good looking people to look at ( Shaun T!) and pretty fun overall. If you don't wanna pay for it, then do something else. They keep me looking forward to my morning workout.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    rustyjs00 wrote: »
    I am a coach on team beachbody and I love my shakeology as well as my team of motivators. However its not for everyone. I have tried a bunch of other diets that never worked. I agree that some of the coaches can be a bit pushy but for them this is their job and they truly believe in what they are using. Im not here to sell you anything, just let you know that it is not a gimmick it has changed thousands of lives including mine.

It is a gimmick as it's a junk supplement and if you disagree please let us know how many of the 70 super ingredients are in known efficacious dosages for humans