30 Day Shred everyday? Seriously?

Options
elle18287
elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday with every intention of doing it everyday for 30 days. I woke up this morning unable to move. I barely got out of bed! I discovered muscles I didn't know I had. But should I really do this everyday with no time for my body to recover? Let me know your thoughts!

Replies

• missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    i gt 3 day left yessss, have done it straight thru, after day 6 it stopped hurting lol:smile:
  • lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    I personally do it 6 days a week. Sat is my rest day, no matter what workouts I am doing. I believe that your muscles need atleast one day to rest! But everyone is different! You know your body best and if you think you need to take the day off then perhaps you should! Just don't over eat and maybe go for a walk instead...
  • HealthyWarrior
    HealthyWarrior Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. I've done it in the past and didn't make it past 3 days cause it was difficult but want to push myself to do it again.
  • MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I started it last monday and kept at it. It got a little easier...not alot but just a little! I just pushed through it even though I was sore!!
  • lesleyosborne
    Options
    oh gosh I thought I could breeze right thro it but i thought i was having a heart attack after it. Only did it like a week. lol
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    I did Mon-Fri With weekends off. But that's just my normal workout schedule for everything I do
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I try to do it everyday, but if I have to miss it for whatever reason, I make it up by doing it twice the following day!

And yep, the 2nd day was hard due to muscle soreness, but take it easy and you'll make it through!! (I think I had to miss a few push ups on day 2. Ouch!)

Keep at it tho, the results you get are worth it! You'll be feeling stronger within days :smile:
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    You can only do what your body will allow. It's telling you somethings wrong by hurting, don't just carry on regardless or you'll end up doing some damage. I have several friends who have undergone ligament surgery in the last few months and they're totally restricted with their exercise now. Have a hot soak in the bath, or ice the really sore bits. Then stretch out your muscles; go for a decent walk, swim etc ... something low impact, then pick the shred back up when your muscles have relaxed :)
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I agree .. I just started it and I couldn't do it everyday. Maybe every other day and the days in between I'm gonna do my elipital
  • harpcason
    harpcason Posts: 40
    Options
    I am on Level 2 Day 4. I have done it everyday. After about the 5th or 6th day the pain starts to ease. You just have to push yourself thru. I was SO proud of myself for not giving up. :) You got this!
  • elle18287
    elle18287 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Ok, I guess I am gonna push through the pain. Even if I have to take a few breaks and miss a few crunches! Even if Jillian attempts to kill me! :)
  • Fat2FitAmanda
    Fat2FitAmanda Posts: 118
    Options
    This is just my opinion, but I think when JM made this workout, she didn't mean for it to be done every single day but never specified that on the dvd. On her Ripped in 30 dvd, she says it in the beginning that you should workout 5-6 days a week but always give yourself a day's rest. I'm guessing she said that because no one really knows what you're supposed to do with the Shred. You should def stick with it though. It will hurt and the following days will be harder than the first just because of the muscle pain but if you stick with it, you will definitely love the results. But if the pain is so bad that you don't feel like you can even do it, do as much as you can that week, then restart it the following week. By then your body should be adjusted to it and it'll be easier. (this is what I had to do with Ripped in 30 because after doing 2 days of it, I couldn't even sit on the toilet, my hamstrings hurt so bad! lol)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options
    I agree .. I just started it and I couldn't do it everyday. Maybe every other day and the days in between I'm gonna do my elipital

That's very wise. Muscles need 24 to 48 hours to rebuild themselves. If you do it every day, you're just tearing muscles and it never gets to rebuild itself.
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,395 Member
    Options

That's very wise. Muscles need 24 to 48 hours to rebuild themselves. If you do it every day, you're just tearing muscles and it never gets to rebuild itself.

Plus...you burn more calories when you rebuild your muscles
  • lisa_2011
    lisa_2011 Posts: 11
    Options
    Oh gosh I was thinking the same thing. I started on Saturday and was so sore on Sunday, I couldn't do it but will be doing it tonight and if I'm hurting tomorrow, I will be doing it every other day and do extra treadmill workouts on the in between days.

Good luck to you!
  • swinginchandra
    swinginchandra Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about this... doing it every day goes against everything I have ever heard about rebuilding muscles, and exercise and such. I trained for gymnastics growing up, and it was pretty much our bible not to intensely work the same muscle group two days in a row, because that would lead to injuries. I've always done a 5 on, 2 off exercise schedule previously, but I've been trying to do the 30 day shred "as it was intended" - and do it every day. I'm on day 4 now, and my legs hurt! (Well, I've been still trying to keep up running my 3 miles a day as well - so that might be a contributing factor).

I'm going to keep trying to do it every day... and see how this works out. Seems like people have had good results, and I haven't seen anyone on the boards complaining about injury from it.