Uppers/Caffeine Pills

Options
JennaM222
JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
Anyone take any certain brand they like that doesn't make you feel too cracked out? I work a full time job, and also part time at a bar. Some days, I NEED the extra push. I do energy drinks, diet pop, coffee, but I seriously feel like my teeth are now going to fall out soon! LOL!

Thanks!

Jenna

Replies

• JennaM222
    Options
    PS - If you are going to rant that they are not safe, don't bother. I ate playdough & dog food as a kid, pretty sure that is not safe either.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    PS - If you are going to rant that they are not safe, don't bother. I ate playdough & dog food as a kid, pretty sure that is not safe either.

actually..playdough isnt toxic for that reason lol...i love the smell of playdough. Im so weird lol
  • Slaying_All_Day
    Slaying_All_Day Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I know some people rave about those 5 hour energy drinks. Be prepared though.......I hear they taste awful.
  • JennaM222
    Options

actually..playdough isnt toxic for that reason lol...i love the smell of playdough. Im so weird lol

It was so salty...no wonder I am addicted to sodium! haha. I used to make playdough ice cream cones and eat them! thanks Mom & Dad.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I love my caffeine - having a Diet Mt Dew with breakfast - but I get a better energy boost out of something like peanut butter on toast. I've never met a caffeine pill that didn't make me a jittery mess.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    lol!!! this thread is totally going in the wrong direction
    the taste of playdough:)) LOL!!!

The only thing I can think of pill wise is Green Tea....Not sure though:)) It seems to give me a spark of energy:)) Good luck!!
  • gwatso25
    gwatso25 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pro-Plus aren't that bad, I don't know about in the long term, I've only really took them around exam time or the occasional working day where I know I won't make it :).
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I love my caffeine - having a Diet Mt Dew with breakfast - but I get a better energy boost out of something like peanut butter on toast. I've never met a caffeine pill that didn't make me a jittery mess.

I know what you mean....Green Tea is the only thing that doesn't jack me up:)) No side effects for me:))
  • MDillon0305
    MDillon0305 Posts: 17
    Options
    Lol! U r too funny! I started taking Rip Fire about two weeks ago, and I actually love it! It's the first pill that vie tried that doesn't make me jittery, hungry or sick! (ps I have tried a lot of different things in the past!) you can either take it 30 min before a workout of a meal! I got it for only the shipping price, bc of a special! Good luck with your search! Keep up the good work
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    caffeine pills.
    cheap and effective.
  • sarahleelee
    sarahleelee Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Snapple. It's a lot of water with your caffeine, so that's how I justify it :)
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    I used to take pro-plus when I worked 3 jobs and never had any bad effects, keep grazing throughout the day and make sure that you leave long enough for wind down when you are thinking about your last dose of the day x x
  • ej_xo
    ej_xo Posts: 75
    Options
    If you're feeling extra tired and sluggish A LOT (like more often than usual)...you may have an iron or B vitamin deficiency - they are both quite common.

All you gotta do is hit up the Doctor's office, get that blood tested and they'll tell you if you need the supplements.
    I take Iron and a Vit-B Complex; they've done WONDERS for my energy levels.
    And to me:
    SUPPLEMENTS > PILLS

Anyways, just a thought!
    Good Luck :happy: