New fitness goal, I need advice

Options
New fitness Goal.... 40 lbs by June 2015. Need to get use to the calorie intake, any suggestions on food that will keep me full and energized.

Replies

• melnikn
    melnikn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    peanuts, nuts, hummus, bananas, figs, pb, veggies, eggs, lean meats. fish, rice cakes w pb spread. cut back on processed and high sodium. go with more natural clean foods.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal....I just lost 40lbs from Apr 2014 - September 2014...so that goal is very realistic and completely attainable. So, one thing I do that tends to get a bit old, but if you make it a priority is to create a veggie platter for lunch/dinner every night in ADDITION to what you intend to eat.

For instance at lunch I slice up 2 stalks of Celery, 1 large Bell Pepper, and 3 ounces of baby carrots and I eat that prior to eating anything else. I do something similar at dinner, but those are usually cooked veggies as I have more time to prepare. I do this even if I intend to go out for lunch as I eat them prior to leaving at my desk.

Helps me to get FULL which keeps me from overeating or going over calories most of the time.

Good Luck!