In Need of New Cardio Workout

Options
EMc4452
EMc4452 Posts: 187 Member
Anyone have suggestions for a new cardio workout? I like the elliptical, stairmill, and treadmill, but Im not great with inclines due to bad shin splints. I'd like a new workout at least 45 min long. Thanks!

Replies

• stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have been in love with Zumba since December! It's a huge calorie burner and it's so much fun once you learn the steps and are comfortable with it...if you have a dance background (which I certainly DO NOT!) then you'll pick it all up easier than I did I'm sure. They have DVD's, you can check Zumba.com for a class in your area, and they also have it for Wii and I believe XBox as well. It's so fun!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Jilllian Michaels-Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is pretty intense! I also love doing Tae bo videos. I love them! They seem harder on me than running for an hour.
  • lauralwilson
    lauralwilson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you tried swimming - it is easy on the body and muscles and a huge calorie burner - I usually swim as my friday workout becuase I am a littel sore and burned out by that point in the week
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Can you jump rope? I burn more calories jumping rope than I do on the treadmill, here my video..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXmJwAaTHk4
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!! It is a incredible workout!!!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Jilllian Michaels-Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is pretty intense! I also love doing Tae bo videos. I love them! They seem harder on me than running for an hour.

I was going to suggest this Jillian michaels dvd too. I love it, even though it does kick my butt!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

I was going to suggest this Jillian michaels dvd too. I love it, even though it does kick my butt!
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have been in love with Zumba since December! It's a huge calorie burner and it's so much fun once you learn the steps and are comfortable with it...if you have a dance background (which I certainly DO NOT!) then you'll pick it all up easier than I did I'm sure. They have DVD's, you can check Zumba.com for a class in your area, and they also have it for Wii and I believe XBox as well. It's so fun!

Huge Zumba fan here too... I started mid January and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! Great cardio along with a lot of muscle toning once you start getting really into the moves.... not too hard to learn but burns a load of calories each class...
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge Zumba fan as well!! It's a great workout and really gets you pumped
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    The Jacob's Ladder machine is also a KILLER burn!
  • khicks91011
    khicks91011 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    zumba is awesome i do it once a week, however i also do fitness kickboxing, i had no idea that my local martial arts place had such a class...its awesome, huge calorie burner, a lot of fun and a lot of sweat...plus it does take pressure off problem areas because your not doing the same motion over and over until your time is up, our morning classes are 45 min long and the evening are an hour...hope this helps here is the website of the place i go to so maybe you can find a place near you that does the same thing www.contemporarymartialarts.com