Physical Therapy for recurring pain

Options
I have had recurring pain & injuries for 10 years. My doc says I likely have Central Sensitization: my nerves are in a constant state of alert. Has anyone heard of Egosque PT or Bowen Work? Opinions? Any other ideas?

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    No, I'm siorry...but i I will bump you thread with this post. Try the search feature as well.
    g
    ood luck
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Lol, device^
  • keelanmusik
    keelanmusik Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • megstoo
    megstoo Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of either of them. Where is the pain though and can light stretching help alievate the feelings?

I have nerve damage in my feet from a back injury and certain stretches help.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about that issue or those treatments. I have had good experience with physical therapy, though. For example, earlier this year, I had a sudden pain in my neck, shoulder, and sporadic numbness in my fingers. I had just been out backpacking and worried I had somehow injured my neck or back with the weight of my pack, though that didn't make a lot of sense.

As per doctor's (and insurance) protocol, I did an X-Ray and found nothing. I then did physical therapy (insurance requires to go in this order: X-Ray, PT, MRI). After several weeks, it was the physical therapist that figured out what it was: thoracic outlet syndrome. I did some exercises and it went away. The issue re-emerged (as expected to happen at some point) about a month ago, but I knew what exercises to do and how to treat... it is almost completely healed again.