Too busy to write down foods.

Options
How does everyone remember everything you eat? It is a great tool, but I get so busy that by the time I get done by the end of the day, I have about 1/2 recolection. What is your routine for remembering what you ate and fitting in a time to excercise????? HELP!:blushing:

Replies

• thummell
    Options
    How does everyone remember everything you eat? It is a great tool, but I get so busy that by the time I get done by the end of the day, I have about 1/2 recolection. What is your routine for remembering what you ate and fitting in a time to excercise????? HELP!:blushing:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I try to log in what I eat and do at the beginning of the day (or night before). If that doesn't happen then I try to do that right after I eat it or do it. Hope this helps!
  • brendab
    brendab Posts: 78
    Options
    Can you email yourself from work to home? Jot yourself a quick email ea. time you need to record something & check your email when you arrive home. Just a thought.
  • rainysoul
    Options
    I have a little notebook. Tiny enough to stick in my purse.
    When I am eating (Cause you have time to sit and do that...)
    I write what it was and about how much... then plug it in later when I can.
    Works well.

As far as the excercise... I dont get in enough myself... Need to step that up a bit.
    But I have found that little chorse, or errands or something I do.. I can put a little more "oomph" into it..
    When I do the laundry, I bend and turn and move a lot.. more than I need to.
    When I park to go in somewhere, I dont pick a close spot.. some extra walking.
    In the store.. I keep a good pace up, and walk a little more.
    Little things.
    Better than nothing
  • wkoon76
    wkoon76 Posts: 22
    Options
    Just keep you a small notepad and just write down what you eat throughout the day, then you don't have to remember it all at once. I don't know how everyone else fees, but to me it's really important to keep track of what I'm eating. It helps me to keep myself in check. Goodluck and hope this helps.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If getting to the computer throughout the day is hard for you, try starting a written journal to keep track of your food throughout the day then enter it when you can get on-line. Another trick is to enter your food in the morning, then make any changes in the evening. Personally I have time throughoput the day to enter my food as I go. Sometimes I will pre-enter to make sure I am getting all of my calories in, as I am now at 1800 a day (never including extras from working out) and sometimes have a hard time meeting my goal.

Hope some of this may help you out.

Good luck in your quest.

SG :glasses:
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Like Rainy I have a notebook that I write things down in.
    It is a date book style I picked up at Wally World for cheap. (Umm sorry Wally World if you do not know is Walmart.) it has the days of the month is looseleaf style and sits at my spot at the dinning table.
    When I eat I have it right there to log what I ate and what I did.
    I also carry a little notebook in my purse. You know the ones that are about the size of a playing card? and MAYBE a 1/8 inch thick. So if I go out with people from work, I can write down what I eat real quick.
    Hey at 25 with 17 years of experiance, I can not be expected to remember what I ate. :wink: :laugh:
    --Diann...
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    If I don't write it down early in the morning (planned day) or immediately after - I forget a few or few hundred calories :blushing: - I almost always have access to a computer though. I would develop a short hand and use my palm (the one on my left hand).
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Plan for tomorrow...

I plan my food for tomorrow today so my choices are ready for me. You can log it in early and be done!
  • Gats
    Gats Posts: 42
    Options
    Mini notepad ..............
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,049 Member
    Options
    One of the things I had to make myself do is log the food before I eat it - or at least do a rough estimate in a small journal (like everyone else....)

You absolutely MUST write every thing down. No exceptions. Otherwise it is too easy to say you're "too busy to write foods." Then "too busy to shop, too busy to exercise, too busy to _______________"

If you have time to eat it, you have time to write it down while you are eating it.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I always log in everything I am going to eat tomorrow, the night before and if I am not too sure of a certain meal, I leave it blank but fill in everything else nd then I know how much calories I can have for that missing meal.

That way I know that I am only allowed a cup of this, 1 1/2 cups of that, and you know what, I can treat myself to this.

Sure the day might change and you go in and do your changes but at least you got it in the ball park. Doing it the night before saves me from worrying.