Success comes with patience

Options
teebeegeebee
teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
Hi All
heres a little background to my journey, it all started 12 weeks ago with an initiative at my workplace, paid for by my workplace I might add
I joined up - weighed in and had the fright of my life
weight 111kgs
waist 122cms
blood pressure 165/95
blood sugars 4.2 (non fasting)
cholestorol 5.64 (non fasting
resting heart rate 68bpm

I was in trouble, the advisor told me I had to get a medical practitioners clearance before I could take full part.
So I went home, looked up the stats and panic'd, I'm 48 have 3 kids and was staring type 2 diabetes, heart attacks, strokes you name it in the face.......omg
so off to the doctors - blood tested, stress tested told me to change my life I was overweight and had a fatty liver , eat better exercise more, lose some weight and return for a review in May. (I had no choice as he told me if I make no change the next time he sees me I'm having a prostrate examination regardless of the complaint, and believe me my dr has big fat fingers so thats a no no ! )
So the journey began, I walked every other day, I kept a food diary ( and lied to myself) I was being healthy and losing weight, what changed very little - over the next 8 weeks I managed to lose 2kgs - wow you all say thats .25kg/week 1/2lb approx. Am i doing awesome yes I said .
I learnt about reading food tables, you know the ones that back up the claims that the food is good for you !
I learnt that I should eat smaller portions
We had training lectures on heart attacks, diabetes, strokes and food
Then my appointment with my Nutritionist came up, she reviewed my food diary and binned it, she gave me a new diary - looked very like the one we use here, she gave me a daily allowance for food intake hmmm.......sounds familiar
she gave me an exercise planner and asked me to add it to my food diary.........
2 weeks later she said ok I can see this is going to work for you - try MFP, she is a Goddess, I have been on here for a couple of weeks now and I am flying, at last I can reach for the stars

heres my stats from this mornings weigh in
weight 103kgs
waistline 114.5cms
blood pressure down 150/90
blood sugars 3.7
cholestorol 5.4
resting heart rate 56bpm

I believe at last that I will be my target weight, I will stay my weight and I get it - all the pieces now fit togethor
I exercise steadily and gently at my own pace twice a day, I have positive thoughts during and after the exercise
I eat a more balanced intake (I'm not dieting I have changed my life for a longer one!)
I feel good, people are telling me they can see the difference, my belt has had to be adjusteed 2 notches!

So for all you worried about this journey, hang in there, stick with the programme, use the tools, ask the questions you may not feel sure about, try different things it works, be relaxed if I can change you can!
It took most of us years of blissfull ignorance to suddenly wake up at the point where you decided time for a change, so take stock, make changes, accept you will make mistakes, never give in, remember that you are inside, you have feelings, soul, beauty, self worth, and the right to be who or what you want to be

off to the doctors next week to turn down his prostrate exam offer and ask him for advice on better stuff!

peace, love, and keep the positive energy up its infectious

:flowerforyou:

Replies

• piechoap
    piechoap Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an inspiration! WAY TO GO! Sometimes it just takes the right tool to lose that weight. Thank you so much for posting this. I woke up this morning feeling discouraged by the amount of weight ahead I have to lose and the time it will take to reach that healthier lifestyle. But, it is attainable!! Thank you for reiterating that =) Keep on rocking out on your journey!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!