Vitamin D

Options
2»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    There are so many factors that can cause vitamin d deficiency even with great sunshine exposure. Probably the number one is high stress levels with both deplete and compete with vitamin D, low cholesterol diets, fat malabsorption...

And sunscreen.
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't think vitamin D has anything to do with weight loss. I'm also vitamin D deficient.
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Good thread, I take 2000iu a day.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    HashiMomma wrote: »
    I don't think vitamin D has anything to do with weight loss. I'm also vitamin D deficient.

It has been associated with it. But I think the relationship is overstated, or rather over hoped for.
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I take vitamin D 3x a day.

(hi @wheird )
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sexy lingerie always gets my wife more D.

9ef.gif
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    baba_helly wrote: »

(hi @wheird )

Vitamin D is very important for overall fitness
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

(hi @wheird )

And still deficient?

Hello Wheird!
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    _errata_ wrote: »

(hi @wheird )

And still deficient?

Hello Wheird!

yes. I require a lot of vitamin D.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

(hi @wheird )

And still deficient?

Hello Wheird!

dracula.gif
  • EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    If you take what doctors recommend you are doomed. Aim for, at least, 5000iu per day, less is wasting your money.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I find D3 in dropper form very convenient. I'm not deficient, but have been supplementing in the last month or two, just to see if it made any difference.

Anyhow, the little bottle I have, contains about 300 doses (drops), with each drop containing 2000 IU. Very handy, and very economical I find, at least compared to my other supplements (omega 3, for example).

No experience supplementing with foods.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options

(hi @wheird )

Vitamin D is stored, so it's generally the same if you take it once a day as it is to take it several times a day. Just mentioning that in case it's possible to take it all at once. Technically, I take it several times a day, too, since I get some with my calcium. Not slamming anyone who takes it throughout the day. :)
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    PonFhqg.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    PonFhqg.gif

Holy random gif placement.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »

(hi @wheird )

Vitamin D is stored, so it's generally the same if you take it once a day as it is to take it several times a day. Just mentioning that in case it's possible to take it all at once. Technically, I take it several times a day, too, since I get some with my calcium. Not slamming anyone who takes it throughout the day. :)

Perhaps there is an issue with stomach trouble or a drug interaction with higher single doses.

• lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Move to Florida!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Move to Florida!

No thanks. I like it when the bugs actually freeze or go into hibernation even if it means I need to make a little effort to get my vitamin D.

(To each his own, I just love the season changes we get up here)

• wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    sarieth05 wrote: »
    Ni_kki wrote: »
    I live in the pacific northwest.. I do not know of this Vitamin D you speak of.

Truth. I've been on a maintenance of Vitamin D for months after a high dose doctor prescription, just got it rechecked and it is STILL LOW. Thanks Pacific Northwest. You're the best.

Another thing that affects Vitamin D is your caffeine intake. For all of you that have a deficiency of Vit D, take a long hard look at cutting back on your caffeine. Evidently, this has an effect on absorption as well. I also try to split my doses of Vit. D into two smaller doses (500 i.u.) because your body will pee out anything it can't use relatively soon after ingesting it. I still drink my 1 giant glass of coffee in the morning only, but my deficiency only started after a couple of weeks of this. Now with the supplements twice a day, my levels have normalized.