Women: What do you use?

Options
Sorry guys. And sorry for being so personal and tmi here. But I've been using the softcup on my cycle. Only 3 days in and have used nearly 8 softcups which is the full pack...... They last 12 hours, and usually last quite a while..... but on heavier days, only about 3/4 hours for myself. I feel like I'm being ripped off, they are so expensive and I've nearly used it all in 3 days. I don't use tampons, I only use pads at night. I'm more into cups. But I don't know what other ones are on offer in the UK? If you use menstrual cups which do you use? As I said, I am from the UK, so if possible, if they aren't too expensive and are on ebay/amazon or on the high street, please let me know....

Replies

• gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • alecto89
    alecto89 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Gabrielle, no apologies needed ;). I have had a Diva cup for almost 3 years and I love it. I have tried the softcup and it leaked, so not for me. I may have placed it wrongly, but I dont think I did.

I like using the divacup because I don't have to buy anything else. It cost me 45 dollars 3 years ago and that's the least I have ever spent on menstrual products in this much time.

In the UK they have the Mooncup and Femmecup. There's probably more, but the mooncup is a popular one.http://www.mooncup.co.uk
  • SteampunkSongbird
    SteampunkSongbird Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    I don't use this type of protection but I know girls who use the Mooncup, they're reusable so even though they're not the cheapest of things to buy, it's worth it in the long run, especially if your period is normally heavy and you tend to go through lots of a product.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try the mooncup :) Divacup, I have heard some horror stories about but thanks peeps