IPOD SHUFFLES PROBLEMS!!!

Options
Mangoaddict
Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
I dropped it in the washing machine by accident. It was wrapped up in my gym clothes. Anyone do anything stupid like that??? Did the ipod shuffle work for you again? I feel reaaaaallly bad as it was a gift for my husband and I messed it up!! :mad: at myself!!

I don't see it working right now but is there any hope???

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Options
    I dropped it in the washing machine by accident. It was wrapped up in my gym clothes. Anyone do anything stupid like that??? Did the ipod shuffle work for you again? I feel reaaaaallly bad as it was a gift for my husband and I messed it up!! :mad: at myself!!

I don't see it working right now but is there any hope???
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    did you only drop it in or did in run through the cycle with it in there? I have almost put mine in before. If it's wet just let it sit somewhere to dry off. When it is completely dry, try turning it on. It might work... but if it doesn't run to the store to replace it before your hubby finds out, lol :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I washed mine--went through the whole washing routine in my shorts one day. It worked ok though after that. If it works, you might have to "reset" it and you can find directions on how to do that on the iTunes website. I had to reset mine after that but if you have your songs backed up on the hard drive, it's no problem.
  • psantacruz
    psantacruz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Don't plug in into the computer until it's completely dry. Put in under a fan for a day to let it dry out.
  • Lizjkp
    Lizjkp Posts: 278
    Options
    One of the children that I keep house for had their's go through a whole washing cycle :noway: but once it had been left to dry it worked fine :happy:

Good Luck.
  • put it in a ziplock with some rice (like 1 cup) and the rice will suck up the moisture out of it. I read this somewhere when someone dropped their cellphone in the toilet and that was the advice to get it working again...anyways, it's worth a shot!
    Heidi
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Dry it out, charge it and try to reset it. these little gadgets are more hardy than we give them credit for. I have my son a shuffle when he was 6 and it has been put through the ringer and he is getting a nano this year but the shuffle is still strong enough it is getting passed down to his cousin.

Also, if it doesn't get going again don't be afraid to set up a genius appointment at your local apple store, you might be surprised how helpful and customer happy they are! They have replaced two ipods for me that were no longer in the warranty phase and surely do to my error at no charge, the worst that can happen is they tell you theres no hope and you need to purchase a new one :wink:
  • ladybarbara
    Options
    Try resetting it first and it not doesn't work. Stop by the Apple Store. I have two Ipod's replace free of charge.

Lady Barbara
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    Its still not working, I let it to dry for a few days. I'll try and hook it up to the computer today. Thanks for the info guys!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It's best not to push any buttons while it's wet. Let it dry out completely--the rice sounds like a good idea.
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    UPDATE - MY IPOD SHUFFLE IS FINALLY WORKING! My husband is so sweet. He was not upset at all. He said accidents happen and he went and purchased a new one for me :) Just cause he knew how hard I was working out at the gym. Can you believe it?

Later today, we were playing with the washed out (older) IPOD and it started working again!! I am so happy, now he can return the new one he got for me!! What a sweetheart, he is!!

Thanks for all your advice folks!

P.S. next time, let your ipods dry out. They will definitely work. Thank you APPLE company!!! :drinker:
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    This is an 8 year old zombie thread...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Probably has upgraded to a better one by now.
  • lenoresdream
    lenoresdream Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    My iPod is 8 years old. I can't upgrade it anymore bc it's formatted for mac (was told it,'s a big no-no to plug mac formatted iPod unto a PC) and the headphone plug has to be held a very specific way or only one earbud works but the damn thing keeps going. It's never gonna die lol. I can't see buying a new one even though I can only listen to it when I can sit there and hold the headphone plug the whole time.

It's my precious and I can't get rid of it. Good thing I still like music from 8 years ago. :D