Exercising with big boobs

Options
Does anyone have any helpful tips for me? I am a jjj bust size and don't have money for a good sports bra right now. I want to do fun exercises like jump rope but because i don't have the proper support it's a disaster. any ideas for other exercises i can do, and what kind of sports bra would be good for me. by the way i am not a big person it's just my boobs.

Replies

• grlgemini
    Options
    If you can't afford a good sports bra - then wear two cheap sports bras. I wear Under Armour or Juno. They are a God send. They are about $50 each, and totally worth it. Walking is always good exercise. Kettle bells would work too, or any type of strength training. Use resistant bands. Tons of stuff you can do.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Keep an eye on Amazon. I was able to snag a shock absorber for $26 (compared to the normal $50+). I'm not sure what brand you should look for though for your size. I bought mine when I was a G cup and actually bought an F cup by mistake. Looks to be a good thing though, because my measurements put me at an F cup now (thankfully).
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I use shock absorber. Am a dd. Would not scrimp on a,decent sports bra. Could not jump rope or jog without one!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    From the title, I thought this was a new form of resistance training...
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    From the title, I thought this was a new form of resistance training...

Lol
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    I'm an E cup and buy Shock Absorber or Panache. Some Victoria's Secret ones are very supportive too.
  • kmca1803
    kmca1803 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I can't do a thing without my Moving Comfort Maia bra. Really holds the DD girls in! There are often sales on Amazon for them. I'm afraid there aren't many effective tips or tricks for the jiggle factor apart from a good bra!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    REALLY worth investing in that good sports bra. Buy a slightly smaller size since you're looking to lose weight and it will help it last longer. Check Black Friday sales and deals this week -- you might be able to snag a good bra for really cheap. But if everything's bouncing around, you're just not gonna be able to move as well.

You can also do low-impact exercise like swimming, where the boobs might double as flotation devices. :)
  • LovelyMarie774
    LovelyMarie774 Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I agree that investing in a good sports bra is worth it. I cannot focus at all on my workout if there is any jiggle, and I know it lessens the effectiveness of my workout. Look online or in stores for a post surgical sports bra. Good ones meant for workouts don't let anything move. Also reach out to customer service at the store of your choice and ask what they suggest.
  • bethira
    bethira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm an H cup and I've never found a sports bra that really does the trick for me, but I'm a Zumba instructor. Unless I want to black both my eyes jumping up and down, I had to find something, so I wear a t-shirt bra under a sports bra and that really seems to work for me. The only down side is the skimpy Zumba tops are open at the back and I've got a lot of back straps going on with the two bras and typically a tank under whatever tiny tank the Zumba corporation tempted me with this month (but more incentive to face my class so they don't see all the straps).
  • joyousgard
    Options
    First, I would recommend double checking your measurements to make sure you're wearing the correct band and cup size. This is the most accurate online calculator I've found: http://www.brasizecalculator.tk/

Once you've confirmed your size I would look in to the Shock Absorber, Freya Active, or Anita Active lines. I wear a 34H in Anita Active and I've done all kinds of high impact stuff in it including Zumba, running, and racquetball. Most good sports bras run between $50-$60 but it is very much worth saving up for one! It will change your life!

In the mean time, you can do the 2 cheapo sports bra solution... but when most of those retail for at least $20 each I would save up and spend it on something that actually fits and works :-) Sometimes you can snag really good deals on eBay or Amazon, but make sure you read reviews as some brands run small or large. Good luck!
  • GretchenB02
    GretchenB02 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wear an enell sports bra. Ugly, doesn't look great under thin shirts, but the girls are NOT moving. I'm going to look at the shock absorber.

Weight lifting, elliptical and row machine seem better for me.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Invest in a good, supportive bra.
    The comfort & control are _so_ worth it!!!

If you have one of these stores near you, go in for a fitting. Otherwise, get good measurements & order online. http://www.allurefits.com/
    My favorite, most comfortable bra ever is an Elomi 38G (bought almost 25 lb ago, so it's a little big now) from Allure, for about $65-70.
    And once you have one that you know fits & feels good, go to ebay & search for more, at a lower cost.

51637601.png
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I got a breast reduction 9 years ago, so that helped :P haha anyway 2 cheaper sports bras always worked for me....actually still does. I have much smaller boobs but I HATE when they bounce at all (which has to be from having such large breasts for so long) so I still either wear too small a size or wear 2 bras.
  • AnthonyThrashD
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I have nothing to add

lol :D
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    So glad I don't have to deal with this problem.
  • Honey1994714
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Gawd, I love these threads!