help with bread

Options
hi everyone i mainly want to tone ? eat healthy (fruit,veg,soy ..) but the problem is...I LOVE BREAD !!!
i would really like if someone could please help me with the lowest carb ? calorie ? bread. atm i eat multigrain but not sure i can't give up bread it fills me up and taste good but i just need one thats safe

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you mean by "safe". Are you watching carbs due to some sort of medical condition? If not, then just fit it into your calorie goals and you'll be fine.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Go to store. Read labels. Look for "whole grains" and "fiber."
  • gainwait
    gainwait Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Helgas have a variety of lower carb breads at Woolworths and Coles. There's a nice sunflower and golden linseed loaf that you may like. It has half the carbs of most breads. Here's a link to their website for all their varieties. http://www.helgas.com.au/#
    Good luck.
  • alexmacgregor
    Options
    shayetee wrote: »
    hi everyone i mainly want to tone ? eat healthy (fruit,veg,soy ..) but the problem is...I LOVE BREAD !!!
    i would really like if someone could please help me with the lowest carb ? calorie ? bread. atm i eat multigrain but not sure i can't give up bread it fills me up and taste good but i just need one thats safe

You don't need to give up bread, just eat less. I gave up bread entirely for a number of years and didn't miss it. Lately however, I've been eating a good breakfast again and a little bread is part of this yet it's not affecting my health negatively.

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Low carb breads are nasty. Just figure whatever bread you like into your calories for the day.
    If we're talking health wise versus calorie count then go for a sprouted wheat bread like Ezekiel or a good whole grain bread.

You don't have to give up anything in order to lose weight, all things in moderation.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Healthy Life is good
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    just eat bread and make sure you are in a calorie deficit….

unless, of course, you have some kind of medical condition that makes you sensitive to carbs….
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Two slices of flourless Ezekial Sesame bread-160 calories. Toasted with a slice of swiss or provolone-70 calories. Add an egg fried with spray oil and a tablespoon of dijon mustard. You have a delicious sandwich less than 350 calories which will stay with you and fill you up.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I don't understand this thread.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sara Lee makes a 45 calorie bread which doesn't taste too bad. Personally, I like the 100 calorie sandwhich thin buns. They can stand up to a hefty greasy burger with lots of toppings pretty well, and they aren't gross. Wraps are another lower calorie option...just pay attention, because not all of them are low-cal. You can usually find some with a lot of fiber and protein as well.

If you can fit in the calories, really hearty whole-grain breads pack a lot more nutrients. I prefer the kinds with various nuts/seeds that give it a nice crunch.

My philosophy is to pick the lowest calorie option if it's just serving as a vehicle for fillings/toppings, but get something super delicious if it's being eaten separately.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The lowest carb or calorie bread will vary based on where on the planet you live, and where you shop. If you eat packaged bread, these numbers are on the label. If you buy bakery bread, the only people who can tell you how many carbs are the people who work there. And if you don't have a medical condition, just eat the bread you like in moderation.

Bread is "safe" as long as at doesn't have visible mold ;)

ETA: I like those sandwich thins too!
  • JeffMeehan
    JeffMeehan Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    shayetee wrote: »

This isn't to bad tasting...

Healthy Life Original

100% Whole Wheat Bread
    •35 Calories per Slice
    •5 Net Carbs
    •Low Fat
    •98% Fat Free
    •0g Trans Fat
    •No Saturated Fat
    •No Cholesterol
    •Excellent Source of Fiber
    •Good Source of Calcium
    •No High Fructose Corn Syrup
    •No Artificial Colors or Flavors
    •14g Whole Grain Per Serving
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I don't understand this thread.

The OP is pursuing a low carb strategy and is asking for advice from anyone with experience buying lower carb varieties of bread, and preferably ones that taste good as she likes to eat bread.
  • coueswhitetail
    coueswhitetail Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I like the multi grain sandwich thin rolls.....100 calories for one bun.....has nice nutty flavor along with whole grain and fiber
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Keep some bread in your life if it is important to you. Make cuts somewhere else.