Trying to get back on track

Options
I've been away from My Fitness Pal for a long time. I thought I could control my eating just by watching my diet through eating protein. Then I thought I needed fiber to cleanse my system. Fiber, of course, is all carb. The I thought, "Well, a little sugary treat here and there isn't bad." Wrong.....I gained about 11 lbs and today I was 1096 OVER my calorie limit. That means I've lost control of my eating, again.

It's a combination of being a little hungry and a little bored. I'll eat a Quest protein bar and think I'm doing great when it's really just enabling my sugar craving and adding carbs even though the "carb" is supposed to be mostly fiber.

Sugar cravings and emotional eating seem to be my downfall. Now we're headed into the holidays. An orgy of eating that doesn't stop until January.

Replies

• ColdPlum
    ColdPlum Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat! I've gained 10 pounds since January after going it on my own thinking that I didn't have to count calories. My stomach is bigger than my eyes. Care to friend and harass each other into better habits?
  • thinme0416
    Options
    I'm in the same boat.... I lost 90 pounds and hit one of my goal weights 135 in November of last year... then my grandfather passed away and I lost ALL MOTIVATION... I know he would be mad at me for giving up... I quit working out, I have gain a little over 8 pounds since then. I need someone to keep me accountable.... feel free to add for more support :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Seriously guys dont worry just adapt and do something about it. Its only going to take 4-8 weeks and then you are back on target.

Start with logging your food again so you know what you are eating.
    Decide if you need to move more. 250 cal a day i.e 30 mins cardio is gonna get you 1/lb a week. 250cal a day less food (1 chocolate bar) is going to get you the other 1/2 lb. Nowitshtanding all the usual not linear, not exact, harder once you are closer disclaimers.

If you made it to target you are winners, just come out of retirement and get back to doing what you know you can do.
  • ems212
    ems212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Emotional eating has always been my downfall. When I'm depressed, I either over-eat or stop eating all together. It takes a lot of control not to fall into that pattern.

Start logging again, and you'll be okay :) It just takes some time to re-adjust.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I hear you....its tough but honestly...just think every new day is another chance to change your life....so tomorrow when you wake up put the past behind you and move forward.
    do what you know works and get on with it. Friend me if you want some support...I'm on everyday.....cheers
  • KenMontville
    KenMontville Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the encouragement and thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. This is a tough struggle especially this time of year. Today is Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for and lots of food to face down. 999Tigger and slimgirl63 are right, though. I just gotta come out of retirement and get going, again. Determination.

Thanks!!