Help me please!

Options
Okay so I started working our in September. But I am not losing any weight. I eat 1,200 calories and I eat healthy and I have been doing about 100 minutes of elliptical training 6 times a week. I do it on resistance 5 and I do one song super hard and one minute breaks. (HIIT I think). Also a week and a half ago I started following the blogilates workout calender. All in all I work out almost 3 hours a day and only eat healthy. What am I doing wrong? I've been trying to see a doctor but we are between health insurances right now and it's just not affordable to go for something so trivial atm. Please help I really want to be beach ready by spring break. I don't know what I am doing wrong please help.

Replies

• pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Given you do not have a health condition, if you are really only eating 1200 calories, then you would be losing weight. WEIGH your food and log consistently. Measuring cups are not accurate for solids, only for liquids. Also, if you are eating back any exercise calories and are using MFP to calculate those only eat about 50%-75% back, the site overestimates.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary people will be able to give you more specific advice :)
  • trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You need to see a doctor. I know it sucks because you are between health insurance companies, but if you are logging correctly and working out that much, you should be losing weight under normal circumstances. It may not be trivial at all, you could have a condition that needs treatment.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Whats your height,current weight and target weight?
    Are you doing as pander said and weighing all your food?
    If you open your diary then it sometimes helps pinpoint the problem.
    You are giving yourself about 3 months to lose 2 stone?
  • beccatempleton14
    Options
    I do have a food diary and I use the labels I will start weighing it. I am 5'3 and I weigh 133. I honestly don't care my final weight I just want a flat tummy. I am in the healthy weight region for my height I just have extra fat on my tummy and arms. MY problem is I am not losing fat and even if I am eating more than 1,200 I am still sweating for at least an hour and a half a day.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    To lose fat requires not only a caloric deficit but also maintenance of lean body mass. If you are losing lean mass while losing fat, this is where skinny fat issues can arise. I've been there myself.

Strength training (while in a deficit, heavy weight and low rep tends to work best and is most recommended), adequate protein (1g/lb of lean body mass, or 0.8g x entire weight if unaware of your LBM is a good place to start - I do 1.2x my LBM), adequate rest days.
  • jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    ^ She got it! When you are within healthy weight range and working out as consistently as you do, you need to bring your focus to the foods you are eating. Increase your protein to at least 100g a day. While still keeping your calories on track. This way your body wont metabolize your muscle you are building
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    if you were truly only eating 1200 cals and doing that much exercise you would be losing weight.

you're probably eating more than you think. do you measure everything you eat with scales?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    if you were truly only eating 1200 cals and doing that much exercise you would be losing weight.

you're probably eating more than you think. do you measure everything you eat with scales?

+1