Christmas Present for 9 Yr Old Girl

Options
Parents of 9 year old girls - I could use some help. I adopt a family each year for the holidays and buy gifts, food, etc. This year the family includes a 9 yr old girl which is especially hard because they are in between the kid and teenager stages. The wish list says "girl stuff, pink, bling". What does that mean? Any ideas interweb?

Replies

• SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    I've seen spa kits - like make your own bath fizzie and make your own lip gloss kinda things. That's all I got. The 9 year old girl I know loves One Direction. Hope that helps a little!
  • irongirlrunning
    Options
    I've seen spa kits - like make your own bath fizzie and make your own lip gloss kinda things. That's all I got. The 9 year old girl I know loves One Direction. Hope that helps a little!

Thank you
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    I thought earrings were cool af when I was a 9 year old.
  • sukti
    sukti Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi Yes to the One Direction. I am giving my 11 year old daughter the new One Direction Album for Christmas this year.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My daughter will be nine in a couple of weeks, and she loves the crafty stuff. Like the purses you color/decorate yourself, the loom band/bracelet making stuff, jewelry and lip gloss are always hits as well.
  • summerhaze71
    summerhaze71 Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Girlie girls love makeup...sparkly, anything that glitters! Fingernail polish, hair accessories, maybe a pretty scarf set, clothes! I would also try to include a book or a journal (look at the Wreck This Journal ones...so fun!) or maybe even a locking diary. At that age, they are starting to take pride in appearance but still like exploring and learning things on their own!
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    My daughter is 9 and this is what she's asking for: a spa kit, a diary with a lock, Justice gift card, crafting kits (make your own purse/jewelry box), slippers, alarm clock, earrings and necklace sets.
  • SwashBlogger
    SwashBlogger Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I have two girls and when they were that age it was all about lockable stuff. A diary with a lock, a "keep out" sign, one of those mini lockers with a key, etc. They keep all of their venomous notes, good candy, and trinkets in there. Then, three years later, they find it under the bed and have a good laugh.