got in a bike ride finally!

Options
Finally, today was not rainy or windy (too windy anyway) and the temp went above 35 this morning in time for my exercise time, so off I went! 39 degrees, 8 mph wind--brrrrr!!! snow2.gif

Got in 19 miles anyway and burnt up 692 calories doing it with an average speed of 16.2mph--I really wanted to get back home!

Replies

• shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Finally, today was not rainy or windy (too windy anyway) and the temp went above 35 this morning in time for my exercise time, so off I went! 39 degrees, 8 mph wind--brrrrr!!! snow2.gif

Got in 19 miles anyway and burnt up 692 calories doing it with an average speed of 16.2mph--I really wanted to get back home!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options

good for you! I tried Yoga for the 1st time yesterday.....sheeezzzz it ain't as easy as it looks
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Did 17.8 miles on the bike trainer this morning after making the stuffing that I'll bring to my dad's house later today.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thats awesome:drinker: Maybe I should give bike-riding a goooo:wink: Seriously though, I thought about it and Im still so new at all this Im afraid I dont really have enough strength built up and I have this HUGE fear of crashing!:embarassed: Is riding what you mainly do for cardio shore?

~Roni
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Riding is all I did for exercise period until the weather turn chilly. I don't do weights--long story but basically have decided that weight training--for me--is not conducive to weight loss, so am giving it up until I lose more weight.

Anyone can ride! Just start slow--my first ride back in April was 4 miles and took 80 minutes :sick: but I made it! And kept at it.
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I have a brand new bike just sitting in my shed (its my sons bike lol). I think I might be able to handle the cold if I dress for it and wear gloves...but what about when the snow that we always seem to get here in the Chicago area starts to fall? What do you do then? (I mean as an alternative to riding...)

PS..I read your post about the weights, so I know exactly what your mean:heart:

Thanks for the advice!:flowerforyou:

~Roni