good recipes for raw foods

Options
maggiemay22467
maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
I have been eating raw foods and would love some recipes.

Replies

• kidtechnical2
    kidtechnical2 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Me too, they seem quite thin on the ground on here, which is surprising. Specifically I'm looking for side dishes because my kids hate cooked veg but are happy to eat raw.
  • jg6511
    jg6511 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    go to allrecipes.com. type in healthy side dishes.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'll take some raw veggies, cut them up and then toss them in some low fat/low cal salad dressing like italian, etc -not a lot though. I really like to use cucumbers or tomatoes. But, I'll also use broccoli, carrots, and celery. I have also bought Mrs. Dash seasonings (herb and garlic, cajun) and I'll sprinkle some of that on veggies (raw or steamed -you can steam veggies in the microwave in about 4 minutes -just put them in a little water and your ready to go).
  • 4oaks72
    4oaks72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have quite a few rawfood cookbooks and can share some ideas. I love the idea of eating higher raw, but find it challenging, and my boys love their meat and potatoes so I tend to prepare meals for their likes.. :P But maybe just finding likeminded people might help encourage me to do more for myself? I dont know, but if anyone is interested in sharing some encouragement and fav's with me I'm in. It's true that a dehydrator helps. I bought one several years ago, and have some nice recipes for kale chips, cauliflower popcorn, flax crackers etc. My most recent fav is nori chips. Yum! So I've got good snack ideas, but meals I find more difficult as they're often complicated and too many nuts. But perhaps I'll get those books out, and dust them off, :blush: and spend some time with them to see what I can find to share.
  • 0utrun
    0utrun Posts: 71 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Shred carrots, cabbage, onions, beets together. Make a dressing with smashed garlic, olive oil, 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, parsley, sea salt, pepper. Can also add green apples if you want sweet.

Grate cauliflower, broccoli and carrots together. Add fresh marjoram or parsley and toss with smashed garlic, lemon juice or olive oil, paprika, sea salt, pepper.