Losing weight at 50!

Options
Hey everyone - my name is Shelly. I am 50 years old & mostly because of a blood pressure scare - started back analyzing my lifestyle. Two weeks ago started back at the gym & reactivated My Fitness Pal. I'm only 5'4" & weight 2 weeks ago was 245. Today - it is 239. I realize I have a long way to go. I really need the encouragement to keep me going. I love My Fitness Pal -it helps me stay accountable & by looking at the reports, I learn where my weaknesses are as far as eating. And that's really helpful. Anyway, happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Replies

• barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly you can do it! Feel free to add me and I will try all I can to encourage you.
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly. Glad you're back. Making those changes are beneficial to your BP. I'm happy to help with encouragement if you'd like to add me. Happy Thanksgiving!
  • fietsvrouw
    fietsvrouw Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly. I am also starting over post food allergy diagnosis and found that many of my friends were no longer logging in. I am 51 and would love to have friends for accountability. You or anyone else who cares to, please do add me.
  • bopefas
    bopefas Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Walking is the best way to lose, just stay active and write EVERYTHING you eat down.
    I'm 53 and the weight does come off. Good Luck & Happy Holidays.
  • lmkt1
    lmkt1 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly, Welcome back! I am very much like you, restarting here myself about 2 weeks ago. I too have BP issues and have along way to go as well. One step, one day at a time.
    Feel free to add me and we can do this together!
  • skykat_1
    skykat_1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly,
    Your post caught my attention, we are pretty much on the same page with our starting point (height, weight) and goals. I am almost 47. I too was in the ER with a blood pressure spike. We can encourage each other. I just started back here so haven't seen any result yet, but doing good for the first week. Staying at 1400 and I seem to be okay, not hungry. Just have to eat the right foods throughout the day to keep the count on track. Good luck.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    46 here- it can be done! Go get it!
  • PurpleRoseLPN4HIM
    PurpleRoseLPN4HIM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Shelly,
    I also understand some of what you are dealing with. I am 60, and only 5'1". I have back & neck problems & COPD. It makes it to exercise but I knew I had to try to improve my eating & exercising habit, so here I am.
    It's nice to meet you Shelly!