Breastfeeding and plateau ???

Options
Hi there! This is my first time posting a question that I can remember.
So I have a almost 7 month old son who EBF, until recently ( week or so) I have introduced ceareal to him.
For the past three weeks I have been doing TapOut XT, similarly to insanity. Almost done with week three. That is 45+ minutes /6 times a week:) I love it I am getting my muscle in my arms and legs back :) how ever the first week I lost 2 lbs, second week I lost 1.5 lbs, and this week I haven't lost an ounce. I did have some corn bread and other buscutes but not nearly enough to not lose more weight.
I eat 2000 cals ( my son nurses a lot) and with working usually I burn any where from 300-490 cals. I try to eat a lot of my cals but at the end of the day I'm just not very hungry. So I'm left with 300 or 400 cals left over..
It's too early to plateau and I don't understand why I'm not losing. Can someone please help me! I'm going to continue to work out and eat right , regardless if I lose weight but losing would be totally awesome!
Also I eat to hunger a lot of the times and listen to my body.
Current weight is 146
Pre baby weight is 115
I'll be cool with 120:)
Also this is my third child!

Replies

• mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    play with the macronutrient ratios and see if that makes a difference. less fat, more carbs for example. sometimes a body kind of gets used to doing the same ol' same ol', and when you introduce a change it'll change. it sounds like you're pretty close to your goal weight, so you're bound to hit plateaus for a while. with my kids i never lost the last 20 lbs until i stopped breastfeeding, which i'm not recommending because obviously it's working well for you!
  • KristenDTucker
    KristenDTucker Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That makes sense! I did mess with my macros yesterday. I'm new to it, but I'm excited to see a change, I did notice a difference in inches . I know this will be a slow and steady process. Did u notice a drop in ur supply?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Weight loss is not linear. It is perfectly normal to have weeks without weight loss, or to even gain slightly. One week is not long enough to know whether you are actually losing, gaining or staying the same. Many things affect our scale weight. Water weight due to extra sodium consumed, hormones, eating patterns, sleep, or any number of other reasons, can hide small losses.
    Keep going.
  • KristenDTucker
    KristenDTucker Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank u for the encouragement. I just started giving my LO solids.. Should o decrease my cals??