Help! Why can't I lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Here is my rep/sets from yesterday:gdcr258nq675.png

Did you really do ALL of this in one day of lifting? If so, I'd suggest you find an actual program like Stronglifts, New Rules of Lifting for Women, etc. If this is the program you are running, it is terrible (too much of everything), imho. :o
    Yes I did. Thanks, I'll look into those

You should not have to spend any more than 45-60 minutes lifting per day. Sometimes less is more.

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Have you measured yourself?

I have quite a big deficit every day and only lose about a pound a week (and I do use a food scale) but I've lost a lot of inches quite quickly. I always tend to lose inches faster than lbs. Maybe it's because I'm losing weight after having a baby, who knows.
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    In my opinion, your calorie deficit is a little too aggressive. I've entered your information into a TDEE calculator (link below) and for a comfortable 1-2 pound per week loss you should be eating around 2000 cals per day GROSS. Could even be as high as 2200 per day.

Your TDEE based on the exercise you've stated is anywhere from 2500-2800 cals expended per day. Take 20% off of that and you will be in a deficit.

Your BMR is 1600 and you should be NETTING at LEAST this. Not the 1200 you're aiming for.

Log accurately, trust the numbers and have patience. Eat whole and healthy foods 80 percent of the time, and fit in your treats 20 percent of the time. The weight will come off and you will not feel deprived. I wish I had known all of this in my 20's!!

Worked like a charm until I quit smoking....:) Back at it after a long bulk/recomp and it's working again like it's supposed to :)

http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    "Now, if you're trying to lose weight, protein is still crucial. The fewer calories you consume, the more calories should come from protein, says Layman. You need to boost your protein intake to between 0.45 and 0.68 gram per pound to preserve calorie-burning muscle mass."

Source: menshealth.com/mhlists/guide-to-protein/printer.php