Need suggestions for A.M. pre workout food

Options
I get up at 4am to Zumba for 40+ minutes. Afterwards I get ready along with 2 kids and am out of the house by 630. I need ideas on what i can eat or drink prior to my workout. I don't want anything too heavy. Any ideas or suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Please Please Please Please Help.

Replies

• ladybugbuff92
    Options
    hmmm.. thats tough. I would suggest a cup of fruit and lots of water too get you through your early morning until breakfast.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Food and aerobic activities don't mix very well for me. You don't need more fuel to go for 40 minutes. I would suggest some warm water with lemon. Eat later when you are hungry.
  • Chmabi
    Chmabi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just water, coffee, or tea. You'll forget about being hungry 10 minutes into your workout.
  • elysedorm
    Options
    coffee is best for pre-workout because studies show coffee helps you excercise harder and extract energy from your fat cells more efficiently during workouts.... i think protein is good post workouts
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    elysedorm wrote: »
    coffee is best for pre-workout because studies show coffee helps you excercise harder and extract energy from your fat cells more efficiently during workouts.... i think protein is good post workouts
    how does one extract energy from their fat cells with coffee?
  • costleyma06
    costleyma06 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I wake up and lift every morning at 5am, so I'm right there with you. My friend has been drinking egg whites and I finally tried it - and I've been doing it for like a week. I actually don't mind it. It's fast and easy, and an EASY way to get more protein in during the day. Then after my workouts I fuel myself with a protein shake. Just buy the liquid kind and weight it out and drink it like you would anything else. First time it was weird knowing it was egg whites, but it has no taste or smell!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    elysedorm wrote: »

Yeah, that's not what the article says.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Do you feel hungry before your workout? Or feel like you can finish your workout? If you are not hungry, you don't have to eat first thing in the a.m. If you feel like you need something so you can finish workout, you can always eat a little more the night before. If it's just you are busy in the a.m. and don't have time, make a protein shake and drink it on your way to work.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    My favourite post-workout drink is half a scoop of Vega One in a glass of milk.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Try having a light snack before hand like a serving of nuts, a granola bar or a piece of fruit. Or perhaps a smoothie?