Share your Thanksgiving Action Plan. Post here for holiday friend support!

Options
Tis the season, and tomorrow is the big day, aka the day when most diet plans go awry. So how are you going to get through the turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, pies etc. without actually "going through" it all? Share your plan!

Replies

• Betsyx72
    Betsyx72 Posts: 19 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Stick to portions I would eat any other day, no seconds, but "splurge" on one regular helping of dessert! How about you honee_bear?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    The Tasmanian Devil is a fair representation of my action plan
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm going to eat as much of whatever I want and not worry a bit about it. It's one meal on one day - and it just doesn't make a difference in the big picture. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    The Tasmanian Devil is a fair representation of my action plan

Lol. Good plan. I am going thru it ALL. Deliberately. Zero moderation. Borderline gluttony. I'll be up 10 lbs. Back to normal by Friday next week. No biggie.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Mine goes like this: go for run, eat all the things, nap, eat more things, drink all the things, sleep.
  • kerlkaj77
    kerlkaj77 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Zumba in the morning, try not to go overboard but get a little of whatever I want, short workout at night. And no guilt, no matter what happens. It's one day and it's not about my diet, it's about spending time with my family and appreciating the effort they put into the meal. :)
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating what I want, drinking what I want, and as much as I want of it, a couple desserts.. Friday getting back to it because it's just one day.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    A banana and yogurt in the morning (I have to be at work at 4 AM), maybe a tiny thing for lunch, then whatever I want.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on eating what I want, drinking what I want, and as much as I want of it, a couple desserts.. Friday getting back to it because it's just one day.

I might have a two day affair.;)
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

I might have a two day affair.;)

Because leftovers ;)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lz27jbhuTa1qi5ai6o1_400.gif
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Eat, drink, be merry (or grouchy), but I'm still going to eat and drink like a mofo.
  • honee_bear
    Options
    Betsyx72 wrote: »
    Stick to portions I would eat any other day, no seconds, but "splurge" on one regular helping of dessert! How about you honee_bear?

Okay...my plan is to eat after 11:30 AM and before 8:00 PM. I'll try to stay within my calorie count, but doubt if I will. I'm going to guzzle a glass of water with apple cider vinegar too before I eat. It's supposed to block fat. Anyone know if that's an old wives tale?

• honee_bear
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    tumblr_lz27jbhuTa1qi5ai6o1_400.gif

This is hilarious!!
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm going to keep breakfast and lunch small. Thanksgiving dinner only comes once a year.
  • WildOkapi
    Options
    I'm planning on portion control and sticking to my calorie goal, as I do everyday. Just because it's a holiday doesn't make it okay to eat as much as I'd like.
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Eat a ton of turkey, protein OD. I don't do sweets, so calories should be no problem.
  • jim_just_jim
    jim_just_jim Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Also: looking forward to turkey sandwiches all weekend ! woot !
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think u should eat and enjoy--it only comes once a year!!!!!
  • HanreCornelius
    HanreCornelius Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We'll see if I'll be able too eat these days I'm struggling to eat... :(