21 Day Fix

Options
After thinking about this for a while, I've decided to join the 21 Day Fix revolution and fight my way to looking/feeling better! My kit comes next week and after appreciating WW and Hungry Girl, I think I can do it! My problem has always been the portioning part of eating, so I think this can really help! I'm on a couple of 21 Day Fix FB sites and have seen/read about some pretty nice transformations. I want to be one of those transformations and post my own sleek pic! Anyone have any comments about the 21 Day Fix - good or bad?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    It's a lot of money for some colored plastic tubs. Just eat at a calorie deficit and call it the 4000+ day fix.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Wow thats a lot of money. I just use my electronic scales (£20) and some Rosemary Conley Portion Pots (£5).
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    joolsmd wrote: »
    Wow thats a lot of money. I just use my electronic scales (£20) and some Rosemary Conley Portion Pots (£5).
    Yep.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Actually, portion control aside, won't you have to weigh the stuff anyway for logging on MFP?
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    If you haven't already purchased, don't waste your money. Portion control can be done with a scale and measuring cups. And if you want cute plastic tubs, try dollar tree. Seriously, that's a lot of money for something you can definitely do on your own.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you know you can use MFP to count calories for free, right?
  • Jenni_MFP
    Jenni_MFP Posts: 36 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Straight calorie counting doesn't help you make sure you are eating enough veggies and protein though. Those are important too. What works for one person isn't going to work for others. If you need the structure of a program (I know I do), then go for it!

I'm doing the 21 day fix now. It isn't just the containers you are paying for, it's also the workout videos. And any workout videos are going to cost you some money. These are intense, but manageable and I actually look forward to them! I like the program because it helps me not only with portion control, but on making sure I am eating the variety of things (fruits, veggies, proteins, etc) that I should be. I spent weeks logging my food on MFP and was still getting that part of it wrong. I could eat nothing but granola bars for a month, at a calorie deficit, and still lose weight but it's not going to mean I'm eating healthy... you know?

And before anyone asks... no I am not a Beachbody coach, do not know any, and have no desire to be one.
  • cubstter
    cubstter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input, everyone! I do appreciate it! While I know it's a lot of money, any program is a lot of money - videos, the gym, special food, equipment - I know y'all have spent $$$ doing the same. I LOVE the MFP counting calories, etc., but there are too many choices for the same thing sometimes and I never know which one is accurate! Also, if I make something that is low-fat homemade, someone else's homemade might be totally different! You know what I mean? I AM going to still use the MPF accountability for sodium, sugar, carbs, cholesterol, because that is GREAT! I have a ton of great resources here and I will use them and any comment from you guys to help me! I do appreciate these comments, I really do! We're all in here together to lose weight, get fit, and be healthy again! Keep up the great work, everyone! :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    cubstter wrote: »
    Thanks for your input, everyone! I do appreciate it! While I know it's a lot of money, any program is a lot of money - videos, the gym, special food, equipment - I know y'all have spent $$$ doing the same. I LOVE the MFP counting calories, etc., but there are too many choices for the same thing sometimes and I never know which one is accurate! Also, if I make something that is low-fat homemade, someone else's homemade might be totally different! You know what I mean? I AM going to still use the MPF accountability for sodium, sugar, carbs, cholesterol, because that is GREAT! I have a ton of great resources here and I will use them and any comment from you guys to help me! I do appreciate these comments, I really do! We're all in here together to lose weight, get fit, and be healthy again! Keep up the great work, everyone! :)

If it helps

1) not knowing which is accurate - barcode scan the label or check against other calorie sites
    2) if you're making homemade food use the recipe builder and log it from your recipes

But at the end of the day - do what works for you
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure if you're dead serious, but I'll bite...!
    any program is a lot of money - videos, the gym, special food, equipment - I know y'all have spent $$$ doing the same.
    No we didn't. I don't use a program, I use MFP, the national guidelines, and my tastebuds. I did buy a food scale, a blender and an immersion blender, I admit to that, but I don't really need the blenders for losing weight. I work out at home and outdoors - that is free! My food bill has gone down, even though I eat better.

I LOVE the MFP counting calories, etc., but there are too many choices for the same thing sometimes and I never know which one is accurate!
    Well, you'd have to check it to be sure, or add it yourself.

Also, if I make something that is low-fat homemade, someone else's homemade might be totally different! You know what I mean?
    Yes, I know what you mean, and that is one of MFPs serious flaws. There shouldn't be an option to add recepies to the public database.
  • mizztanjo
    mizztanjo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    21 Day fix isn't just a bunch of tiny containers. There is also a full 60 Day workout program included, as well as the meal plan which breaks foods down into catagories (fruits, veggies, fats, carbs, ect). It's a fantastic kit for people who might feel completely lost. Not everyone knows there way around enough to use scales and count calories. Heck, I can eat 1,200 calories worth of chocolate chip cookies....doesn't mean it's good for me. We all start somewhere. And the cost of 21 Day Fix is pretty well the same price as a one month gym membership.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    mizztanjo wrote: »
    21 Day fix isn't just a bunch of tiny containers. There is also a full 60 Day workout program included, as well as the meal plan which breaks foods down into catagories (fruits, veggies, fats, carbs, ect). It's a fantastic kit for people who might feel completely lost. Not everyone knows there way around enough to use scales and count calories. Heck, I can eat 1,200 calories worth of chocolate chip cookies....doesn't mean it's good for me. We all start somewhere. And the cost of 21 Day Fix is pretty well the same price as a one month gym membership.

it's the learning curve that is important though - and everyone is capable of learning

<so sayeth the educator>
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options

Who advocated eating 1200 calories of cookies? And my child can put stuff on a good scale, scan barcodes, and add. It isn't hard. You have the stink of a coach.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    MFP £0
    Scales £10 (bargain)
    Using the literally zillions of workout routines posted for nothing on the internet... £0

ok, I have a gym membership, but apart from that......
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

No we didn't all spend lots of money. I didn't buy special foods, I didn't join a gym, I bought one exercise video that was a waste of $10 because I didn't use it. I spent $20 on a digital food scale. That's what I spent to lose 119 lbs.

When I started getting more into fitness I invested in a good bike and bought nice weights at garage sales & craigs list.

But to lose weight you do not need to spend money, you log your food once you learn how to do this it doesn't take long, learn portion control, and be consistent.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I looked at the website and saw the guy who supposidly did the 21 day fix losing 6.5lbs and first thing I thought was that they reversed his before and after and deconditioned him. There is no way to go from soft to ripped in 21 days since you need to build muscle and there isn't enought time in 21 days to do that.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

1. you can track your macros on MFP
    2. who is advocating a diet of 1200 calories a day of cookies? I would also suggest you look up the twinkie diet…
    3. you can't use a digital food scale, really?

21 day fix = waste of money …

• KravMagaMel74
    KravMagaMel74 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am not a coach. I have used 21 day fix. It works. It's simple. I had good results. If you think it might help you then go for it.