Increasing Calories= Big success for me! :0)

Options
Ok...so I have been doing the 1200 calorie thing for a while now. I got tired of it after failing to stay within calories. I would over eat at times b/c 1200 seemed unrealistic on days where I didn't get an hour of more of exercise in. I had lost 15 pounds this way.... I had been yo-yoing between 4 and 5 other pounds for 3 months now!

So, this week I changed to 1340 calories and I lost 2 whole pounds in a week!

Thank goodness something is working again and I feel like I'm not "cheating" when going over 1200 calories in a day! :0)

Replies

• WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Very close..my calorie is 1330 a day. I tried 1200 calorie diets and just have a hard time staying within that mark.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thank goodness you posted this. im in the same boat for the most part. when i first started dieting i was eating close to 1500 calories a day with exercise and dropped ten pounds in 30 days! then i started to get scared to eat too much because i didn't wanna gain the weight back. but now after realizing that what i was doing was working better for me than 1200 cals a day, i am eating more to get *close* to 1500 again. so im glad you posted this because it's more reassurance to me. and congrats on your weight loss!:D
  • rob_spitzer
    rob_spitzer Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Glad it's working for you, stay with it
  • liberty741
    liberty741 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for posting this. I tried to limit myself to 1200 calories a day but I RARELY ever stay below this mark. Then I feel like a failure and end up eating more!!! Maybe I will up my intake for a while. I NEED to lose 2 lbs ASAP so I can drop below 200!
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Glad to hear that this is working for you!
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I changed mine too- from 1200 to 1350....I won't weigh in till after TOM, but I'm interested in seeing how it affects my weight loss.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post! I was doing the 1200 calorie thing for three months and lost 2.2 pounds. WTH!!! Just upped my calories as well and hoping for some quick results. Good luck!
  • spicygiggles
    spicygiggles Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been on the 1200 calorie plan for a very long time. I haven't had any trouble sticking to it but... I haven't lost and weight/inches for over 3 weeks now and am not sure why :(. I work out more then I've set for myself... I only have 10 pounds to loose and am getting so frustrated and I'm at a loss. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Sincerely open to anything.....
  • sashaline
    sashaline Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you're working out more it might be because you're building muscle, otherwise I think that the original poster here has a good point, 1200 calories is the minimum you need to in a day (in other words this is a strict diet no matter how much you weigh), you might try increasing your calorie intake a little and see and if you can get your metabolism to respond to that.
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    If you keep with one thing for too long, your body grows accustomed to it. I try my hardest to mix up what I do every two weeks or so. Don't eat exactly the same foods, vary the exercise, etc. A few weeks ago I was below my calorie count (given by MFP) by 300-500 cal a day for 2 weeks straight. I was working out A LOT but not overly so. I gained a pound as my body tried to get back to its 'normal' space (so my nutritionist says). I started eating more of my exercise calories and aiming for a calorie deficit of 0-150 calories per day and am losing 2+ lbs per week. Next week I'll switch back to having a larger calorie difference. I intend to switch it up every two weeks to keep my body on its toes and losing inches.

5 weeks on MFP and I've lost 5+ inches from my waist and hips combined.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!